OT: Can you Help?

  • Dub Essa OFidhne
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2003
      Greetings! My name is Lady Dub Essa O'Fidhne, wife of Lord Owen ap Howell, from the Shire of Gryphon's Lair in the Kingdom of
      Artemisia. I have been active in the SCA for over 5 years.
      I have Acute Myeloid Leukemia, diagnosed August 2001. Since then, I have had 2 rounds of chemotherapy. Since the chemo isn't
      working, the doctors say I need a bone marrow transplant.
      After checking the bone marrow donor list, I match none of the 6 million people on that list. So my doctors say I need a special
      bone marrow transplant that, while it's been done for 10 years in Europe, it is still considered experimental in the U.S. And since
      it is experimental, my main insurance company refuses to pay for it. I do have Medicare, but it is limited in what it covers.

      So I am asking my SCA family & friends for help. I am scheduled to start treatment in Seattle December 2nd, but before they
      will start, they want $17,000.00. If you feel you can help financially, that would be greatly appreciated. Pass the hat at your
      next Fighter practice or event! Skip lunch at Pizza Hut & send the money you saved! Have a raffle, whatever you think you can do.

      To donate, send a check or money order made out to:
      NTAF Southwest Bone Marrow
      In the memo section write:
      In honor of Mary Ward
      This is very important so the money will be put in my account!

      Send the check or money order to:
      NTAF Southwest Bone Marrow Transplant Fund
      3475 West Chester Pike
      Suite 230
      Newton Square, PA 19073

      These people are up front & can be checked out at www.transplantfund.org
      I am using this non-profit organization so you can be assured the money you send will be used for my medical bills & not to pay for
      my new red shoes!

      Thank you for your help

      Lady Dub Essa O'Fidhne GPA GHA
      Shire of Gryphon's Lair
      Kingdom of Artemisia
    • Brea
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16, 2003
        I have forewareded this to a couple lists. I am sorry that there is no wasy I could be of more assistance.

        Brea

        Dub Essa OFidhne <ecward@...> wrote: Greetings! My name is Lady Dub Essa O'Fidhne, wife of Lord Owen ap Howell, from the Shire of Gryphon's Lair in the Kingdom of

        These people are up front & can be checked out at www.transplantfund.org
        I am using this non-profit organization so you can be assured the money you send will be used for my medical bills & not to pay for
        my new red shoes!

        Thank you for your help

        Lady Dub Essa O'Fidhne GPA GHA
        Shire of Gryphon's Lair
        Kingdom of Artemisia

        I think I have both Deajavu and Amnesia, I think I forget this before!

      • Mike Hornbaker
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2004
          Howdy from Vatavia,

          How are you getting along in reference to what is said below?

          Michael vanBergen