Re: [SCA-Archery] Hey all

  • Robert Skidmore
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2003
      Yes removal of the silencers would be good. There is an Open division in SCA
      target archery that will allow your bow as long as it does not look to
      modern.. aka plastic silencers.. cat whiskers, balance bar, peep sites..
      etc. just try to make it look like a stick and string and it will be fine.
      Bring it to your first event as is and a spare string. There should be more
      than enough people there to assist you on your way.
      Robert

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 14, 2003
        The Martin X-200 Bow is an excellent recurve for SCA events. The plastic
        rest is usable, but I think after a while you might want to change it to a
        rug rest. I wouldn't worry about the string silencers they can be left on
        the string. The only thing I would male sure is that the bow does not have
        a sight on it. You have to make sure that if you decide to replace the rest
        there is nothing spring loaded on it. Enjoy shooting with your bow.

        Any other questions feel free to e-mail me in private.

        Sheralee

        Sheralee Ann Panzano
        Voice: (215) 604-1394
        Pager: (610) 725-3888