Hey all

  • dpeters420eh
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14 8:09 AM
      Hey all, I'm yet to join the SCA, but I had emailed Meridies
      asking about exactly what will pass for a bow for target archery, and
      haven't been answered yet. Then I ran across this group, so I decided
      to see if yall know. I have a Martin X-200 Recurve, and I was
      wondering if it in general being a modern(laminated I believe)
      recurve bow is it usable in SCA target archery? If so, would I need
      to replace the rubber silencers on the string? I think I read that
      the plastic arrow rest is legal, but may as well ask yall if that is
      legal too. Thanks for the help.
    • eulenhorst@juno.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 14 3:08 PM
        You're all set there. You need wooden arrows with feather fletch and you're set.

        In Service to the dream
        Carolus von Eulenhorst
        eulenhorst@...

        -- "dpeters420eh" <dpeters420@...> wrote:
        Hey all, I'm yet to join the SCA, but I had emailed Meridies
        asking about exactly what will pass for a bow for target archery, and
        haven't been answered yet. Then I ran across this group, so I decided
        to see if yall know. I have a Martin X-200 Recurve, and I was
        wondering if it in general being a modern(laminated I believe)
        recurve bow is it usable in SCA target archery? If so, would I need
        to replace the rubber silencers on the string? I think I read that
        the plastic arrow rest is legal, but may as well ask yall if that is
        legal too. Thanks for the help.

        Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
      • Robert Skidmore
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 14 3:10 PM
          Yes removal of the silencers would be good. There is an Open division in SCA
          target archery that will allow your bow as long as it does not look to
          modern.. aka plastic silencers.. cat whiskers, balance bar, peep sites..
          etc. just try to make it look like a stick and string and it will be fine.
          Bring it to your first event as is and a spare string. There should be more
          than enough people there to assist you on your way.
          Robert

          > Hey all, I'm yet to join the SCA, but I had emailed Meridies
          > asking about exactly what will pass for a bow for target archery, and
          > haven't been answered yet. Then I ran across this group, so I decided
          > to see if yall know. I have a Martin X-200 Recurve, and I was
          > wondering if it in general being a modern(laminated I believe)
          > recurve bow is it usable in SCA target archery? If so, would I need
          > to replace the rubber silencers on the string? I think I read that
          > the plastic arrow rest is legal, but may as well ask yall if that is
          > legal too. Thanks for the help.

        • Sheralee Panzano
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14 3:11 PM
            The Martin X-200 Bow is an excellent recurve for SCA events. The plastic
            rest is usable, but I think after a while you might want to change it to a
            rug rest. I wouldn't worry about the string silencers they can be left on
            the string. The only thing I would male sure is that the bow does not have
            a sight on it. You have to make sure that if you decide to replace the rest
            there is nothing spring loaded on it. Enjoy shooting with your bow.

            Any other questions feel free to e-mail me in private.

            Sheralee

            Sheralee Ann Panzano
            Voice: (215) 604-1394
            Pager: (610) 725-3888