Shameless plug for Veteran's Day

  • Godwin fitzGilbert de Striguil
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2003
      To all the Veterans out there today, that have given part of themselves,
      or all of themselves for our Country, I salute you.

      To the Soldiers out there that are currently giving all or part of
      themselves, I salute you.

      I word it like that, because nobody can give more than 100% of
      themselves. That results in death.
      Many have given all of themselves.

      Many have given a part of themselves, and carry the Purple Heart.
      Many have given a part of themselves, and receive a small recompense.
      Many have given a part of themselves, and have received nothing.

      There are quite a few folks living amongst us, who are Veterans.
      You may or may not be aware of who is, or who isn't.
      It is not always apparent what part of themselves they gave for their
      Country.

      Today is the 'official' day that people get to say 'Thank You'.

      Thank you my brothers and sisters in arms, for helping to preserve the
      freedom I enjoy right now. The freedom to research history, the freedom
      to gather, in armor, with friends. The freedom to take up my bow and
      arrows and enjoy a good competition.

      To those that have gone before...
      To those that will come after...
      To those that live right now...

      I salute you with a grateful heart.

      Godwin FitzGilbert de Striguil

      mka
      Rich Melton
      DAV - USAF
    • HL Agnarr Thorvaldsson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2003
        Godwin I wish I could have said it as well as you.

        Thanks.

        Agnarr Thorvaldsson & Inanna Freyasdottier
        Crossrode Keep, Ansteorra

        MKA: Robert & Linda Black
        Both US Army Veterans

        > To all the Veterans out there today, that have given part of themselves,
        > or all of themselves for our Country, I salute you.
        >
        > To the Soldiers out there that are currently giving all or part of
        > themselves, I salute you.
        >
        > I word it like that, because nobody can give more than 100% of
        > themselves. That results in death.
        > Many have given all of themselves.
        >
        > Many have given a part of themselves, and carry the Purple Heart.
        > Many have given a part of themselves, and receive a small recompense.
        > Many have given a part of themselves, and have received nothing.
        >
        > There are quite a few folks living amongst us, who are Veterans.
        > You may or may not be aware of who is, or who isn't.
        > It is not always apparent what part of themselves they gave for their
        > Country.
        >
        > Today is the 'official' day that people get to say 'Thank You'.
        >
        > Thank you my brothers and sisters in arms, for helping to preserve the
        > freedom I enjoy right now. The freedom to research history, the freedom
        > to gather, in armor, with friends. The freedom to take up my bow and
        > arrows and enjoy a good competition.
        >
        > To those that have gone before...
        > To those that will come after...
        > To those that live right now...
        >
        > I salute you with a grateful heart.
        >

        > Godwin FitzGilbert de Striguil
        >
        > mka
        > Rich Melton
        > DAV - USAF

      • James C. Wolf
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2003
          My Lord Godwin, I do not know you, but, on this day, we are brothers. An
          old Navy swabbie greets all his brothers and sisters in arms on OUR day.

          Highest regards,
          Felix Gruenstrasse, Boga Fyrdman, Calontier
          MKA
          FTG2c James Wolf

          Quantum Mechanics...the dreams that stuff is made of

          Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
        • mark s graves
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2003
            It is not so shameless. We owe the veterans a lot. I am very proud that
            my two great-grandfathers, two grandfathers, two great uncles and my
            father all served this country. I salute you all for the sacrafice you
            havwe made for this land. Without you we would not have the freedom to
            agree or disagree.....Let freedom ring.....Thanks veterans.....William
            Ross of Skye.

            Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!