cross-posted to JML - please forgive...

  • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2003
      Greetings, tomodachi,

      Please forgive if you have seen this question before...

      As you all may have gathered from my previous postings, I have a
      strong interest in the archery aspect of Samurai life...
      I have made a pair of silk gloves with a reenforced thumb ring for
      shooting archery and still being able to hold and work a katana...
      I like how they handle very much,but I have a question...
      When were these style gloves in vogue? Are they post reformation/post
      period things, or were they around in period? I know composite gloves
      were in use, in period, (made from doe skin and silk) but I do not
      know when all silk gloves, or all silk gloves with minor leather
      reenforcements were used...
      Klaus? Any ideas? Anybody?

      Date Saburou Yukiie
      Yama Kaminari Ryu
      Shi wa hei to de aru
      ...all are equal in the grave...
      http://www.kabutographics.com (under reconstruction)
      kabuto@...
    • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2003
        Konnichi wa, tomodachi,
        I would like to extend a handshake and say happy birthday to any
        members of this list who are current or former Marines, as well
        as to any that have passed before us.
        Semper Fi, Marines.

        Christopher Wright, USMC (former) 2311

        Date Saburou Yukiie
        Yama Kaminari Ryu
        shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave...
        http://www.kabutographics.com (under reconstruction)
        kabuto@...
      • Harry Bilings
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2003
          happy birthday
          plachoya USMC uncle sams misguided children

          humble archer
          Ravens Fort Ansteorra

          >Konnichi wa, tomodachi,
          >I would like to extend a handshake and say happy birthday to any
          >members of this list who are current or former Marines, as well
          >as to any that have passed before us.
          >Semper Fi, Marines.
          >

          >Christopher Wright, USMC (former) 2311

          Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead? Your old favorites are always
          playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free!