Re: [SCA-MissileCombat] List Ownership Change ...

  • Carolus Eulenhorst
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
      To Macsen, I too give thanks for founding and initially hosting these
      lists. They have served immensely in developing an SCA wide sense of
      community among our disciplines. They have also served to establish our
      presence in a much broader world and have been instrumental in furthering
      the SCA's goal of education in general.

      To Sir Jon and Siegfried, a thank you for your efforts in the past and
      wish you well in your new degrees of responsibility here in the future.
      May these lists continue to serve well.
      Carolus

      On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 01:05:33 -0500 Siegfried Sebastian Faust
      <crossbow@...> writes:
      > Greetings unto all assembled ... I was waiting for someone else to
      > make a
      > post along these lines as I didn't want to steal anyone's thunder,
      > but it's
      > been 'most of a day' and I've already been emailed a few questions,
      > so ...
      >
      > As of Today, Macsen chose to give up ownership to the SCA-Archery,
      > SCA-Siege, and SCA-MissileCombat mailing lists. He has hosted/owned
      > these
      > lists for a LONG LONG time, and we all owe him much for starting
      > these
      > lists, and keeping them alive through 3 different server
      > incarnations
      > (WyvernHall, eGroups, YahooGroups).
      >
      > However, like most things, there reaches a time when someone must
      > move on,
      > and Macsen decided that it was time for him to give these up.
      >
      > To that note, he selected Sir Jon to be owner of the
      > SCA-MissileCombat
      > mailing list; and has graciously allowed myself to take ownership of
      > the
      > SCA-Archery, and SCA-Siege lists.
      >
      >snip
      > In Service, And awaiting an onslaught of e-mail ...
      > Siegfried

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
        Macsen,
        You have done much good by starting and maintaining the lists
        you have worked on. It is lamentable that whatever your
        circumstances, that you have found these to be less than
        satisfiying for you.
        Archery is a good thing to be studied, and many people will
        continue to learn from these lists...

        To those running the lists anew...
        Please keep the information free-flowing and on target. Please
        let your thoughts be guided by the spirit of learning, adventure,
        and fun.

        To those on the list mearly seeking knowledge...
        Keep reading...donate if you have answers, and ask if you have
        questions...

        To all...if you enjoy it...keep shooting. Open your eyes and hearts
        and minds...and keep shooting.
        Your arrows will eventually find your marks...your questions will
        be answered...and hopefully, your curiosity will be tickled...such
        that you keep looking...
        There are no perfect shooters...there are no perfect observers....
        and there are no perfect answers...

        Yet...we keep trying...

        Date Saburou Yukiie
        Yama Kaminari Ryu
        Shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave...
        http://www.kabutographics.com (under reconstruction)
        kabuto@...
      • Wolferam
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
          I have to say as a relatively new archer, without this list, I would still be in the dark on so many issues and topics. Therefore I too extend my gratetude to Lord Macsen for his fine work on these lists. Thank you Lord Macsen and enjoy a much deserved rest.

          Yama Kaminari no Date Saburou Yukiie <kabuto@...> wrote:
[...]

          Date Saburou Yukiie
          Yama Kaminari Ryu
          Shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave...
          http://www.kabutographics.com (under reconstruction)
          kabuto@...

          Wolferam von Gorlicz
          Middle Kingdom Field Marshal