Re: Apache style

  • Michael Gardner
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 29, 2003
      I've been reading these posts and I agree with the concensus. I
      learned bowmanship from a Native American bowman. The push/pull method
      can be documented in most tribes throughout the US. If you think about
      Medieval longbows with 120# draws, it seems only obvious that a
      technique had to be devised to use that weapon that didn't include
      only one arm. A push/pull technique "feels" more natural once you get
      the rythem. I really think Hollywood put the one arm draw in our
      heads. Additionally, in my studies, few bowmen lower the bow to
      target, rather raise it as the draw is completed because, generally,
      the arrows were staged in the ground in front of them and this is a
      more efficient movement.

      Michael

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Hawley"