Re: [SCA-Archery] i'm a newbie to this field please help

  • Lord Wolferam
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2003
      It's difficult to follow such great advice. The Bowyers Bible is the best source for just about everything archery. If you are truely interested in bow construction though. My thinking is to start off "light" and inexpensive. For example: make a Rattan bow, there is a wonderful site on this and I'll add it to the bottom. Why rattan? Rattan is cheap, strong and pliable. The grain is almost always straight and true. Plus rattan is sold dried, aged and usually without defect.

      Wolferam von Gorlicz
      Bowman Middle Kingdom
      Field Marshal Baile na Scolairi

      joseph wedel <littlewolf2112@...> wrote:
      The first step you should partake is to purchase the traditional bowyers bible three set reference books. the authors are very knowledged in the subject of wold archery.

      ramu_av2000 wrote:Hello people,

      I,m an eng. student from India. i have an intrest on becoming an
      archerer. this is a life time dream to me. i have got a few info on
      making arrows. i have used bamboo shafts with steel points.

      now i am having a problem on building bows.please help select the
      wood (from the ones we get in India) & pleasegive me all the
      necessory details on how to construct a good bow.

      Thanks in advance.
      Ramu