Painting over Bow

  • Ld. Alfred
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2003
      Painting over bow ... (see below for original message text);

      Greetings from Ansteorra and I, too, welcome you to our wonderful, obsessive world.
      Concerning the paint, just be very, very, very sure which ever paint you choose (liquid, aeresol, etc.) is compatible with the material the bow is made from.
      I didn't one time and the results were not pretty. I didn't think that resin would bubble like that. Fortunately it was an inexpensive 3rd hand bow, so I wasn't out any major cash.
      Ld. Alfred Huddlestone,
      Archer
      Barony of Bryn Gwlad, Kingdom of Ansteorra, Pursuer of the Dream

      SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There are 3 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. e-mail address change
      From: Godwin fitzGilbert de Striguil
      2. Painting over a logo on my new bow
      From: "Nick"
      3. Re: Painting over a logo on my new bow
      From: Lord Wolferam

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 06:22:53 -0600
      From: Godwin fitzGilbert de Striguil
      Subject: e-mail address change

      Sorry if you get this from more than one source. I plan to shut off my
      old e-mail address at RMCI after this weekend.

      Please check/update your address books/lists/website so that it shows:

      "archergodwin@..." as my e-mail address.

      Thanks!

      Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Striguil

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 05:38:26 -0000
      From: "Nick"
      Subject: Painting over a logo on my new bow

      Hiya All,

      Brand new archer here.

      I just brought a nice 2nd hand Bullseye recurve bow to learn with.

      It's a nice bow, but has a lovely big red "INTERNATURE" logo on the
      front of the top limb for all to see.

      I don't mind it too much as I'm very glad to just have a bow.

      But SHE who must be obeyed (my wife) wants me to paint over the logo.

      What I want/need to know is...am I going to damage the bow if I do
      this?

      If it is possible to be done, what sort of paint should I use.

      Thanks for any help you can give

      Yours etc

      Kaspar Von Helmstadd

      Barony of Ildhafn

      Citizen of Lochac

      Message: 3
      Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:34:30 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Lord Wolferam
      Subject: Re: Painting over a logo on my new bow

      Nick

      First off welcome to the obcession we call archery. As for painting over the logo. My first bow (my wife is shooting with it now) was an ugly green fiberglass recurve. I just took some testors black model paint and covered the whole thing. This was many years ago and not much of the paint has flaked off. For a smaller section it may even last long after you out-grow this one. Good luck with the painting and again welcome.

      Wolferam von Gorlicz
      Bowman
      Baile Na Scolairi
      Middle Kindom