Newbie Help

  • vaberella
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2003
      Hi,

      My name is V. I'm a newbie here, and I need some help. Me and my
      sister have developed an avid fascination with Archery. And we would
      like to take up lessons and get bows.

      We live in the rural New York area, the 5 boroughs. But don't know
      where to go and where to begin with classes or getting information.
      I did a search on the net, but sadly nothing sucessful. I would be
      really thankful if anyone here can help us.

      Sincerley,
      VB
    • Chad Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2003
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "vaberella" <vaberella@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > My name is V. I'm a newbie here, and I need some help. Me and my
        > sister have developed an avid fascination with Archery. And we
        would
        > like to take up lessons and get bows.

        Welcome to a new addiction.

        > We live in the rural New York area, the 5 boroughs. But don't know
        > where to go and where to begin with classes or getting
        information.
        > I did a search on the net, but sadly nothing sucessful. I would be
        > really thankful if anyone here can help us.

        http://www.eastkingdom.org/branches.html

        Just look through the list and see which group is closest to you.
        From there, you should be able to track down some archery people.

        -Caedmon
      • joseph wedel
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2003
          Pick up an issue of Primitive Archer and/or Traditional Bowhunter magazines, there will be adds in the for classes and other resorces that will be more than glad to help. also ask your shenasal or archery marshal for your shire.

          Joseph McCoy

          Clan McCoy

          wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > My name is V. I'm a newbie here, and I need some help. Me and my
          > sister have developed an avid fascination with Archery. And we
          would
          > like to take up lessons and get bows.

          Welcome to a new addiction.

          > We live in the rural New York area, the 5 boroughs. But don't know
          > where to go and where to begin with classes or getting
          information.
          > I did a search on the net, but sadly nothing sucessful. I would be
          > really thankful if anyone here can help us.

          http://www.eastkingdom.org/branches.html

          Just look through the list and see which group is closest to you.
          From there, you should be able to track down some archery people.

          -Caedmon