article on arrowhead construction

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2003
      Just ran across an interesting article on arrowhead construction on line.

      http://64.176.180.203/arrowhead.htm

      Jon
    • Carl West
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 14, 2003
        John Edgerton wrote:

        > Just ran across an interesting article on arrowhead construction on line.
        >
        > http://64.176.180.203/arrowhead.htm

        Interesting. Very pretty. Very sculptural. I wonder how one is supposed to haft the broadhead. I've never seen anything like it, have I missed a reference? I'm also left to wonder why he doesn't close up the sockets on his bodkins. I wonder if he actually shoots them. In my experience making and shooting them, even the slightest opening in the socket allows adhesive to escape on impact with a hard (oak) target.

        Description and videos at:
        http://carl.west.home.comcast.net/archerypage.html

        -- Fritz

        If you try to 'reply' to me without fixing the dot, your reply
        will go into a 'special' mailbox reserved for spam. See below.

        --
        Carl West carlDOTwest@... http://carl.west.home.comcast.net

        As always, put on rubber gloves, wear eye protection, stand on an electrically insulating mat, dress in old clothes, avoid electrical shock by working with one hand in your pocket, and do it outdoors in a well ventilated area. Lastly, to avoid personal injury, have it done professionally.
        - http://www.homemetalshopclub.org
      • Sun Lu-shan
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2003
          Hi Fritz,

          I like your videos there. Unfortunately, the text file is missing,
          and the 3rd video is somewhat corrupted. I'm interested in seeing
          these files if you restore them - some of us here will try our luck
          at making bodkins soon.
          Cneers,

          Lu-shan

          --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Carl West <carl.west@c...> wrote:

          > Description and videos at:
          > http://carl.west.home.comcast.net/archerypage.html
          >
          > -- Fritz

        • Carl West
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 15, 2003
            Sun Lu-shan wrote:

            > Hi Fritz,
            >
            > I like your videos there. Unfortunately, the text file is missing,
            > and the 3rd video is somewhat corrupted. I'm interested in seeing
            > these files if you restore them - some of us here will try our luck
            > at making bodkins soon.

            "madmarcus" pointed out the lack of the text file. It got lost in the file-shuffle resulting from my ISP changing their name. Again.

            It's up now.

            The third video is permanently corrupted. You are actually missing very little. The info is there in the (newly re-uploaded) text file.

            -- Fritz

            If you try to 'reply' to me without fixing the dot, your reply
            will go into a 'special' mailbox reserved for spam. See below.

            --
            Carl West carlDOTwest@... http://carl.west.home.comcast.net

            As always, put on rubber gloves, wear eye protection, stand on an electrically insulating mat, dress in old clothes, avoid electrical shock by working with one hand in your pocket, and do it outdoors in a well ventilated area. Lastly, to avoid personal injury, have it done professionally.
            - http://www.homemetalshopclub.org
          • Mike O'Toole
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 22, 2003
              John Edgerton wrote:

              > Just ran across an interesting article on arrowhead construction on line.
              >
              > http://64.176.180.203/arrowhead.htm
              >
              > Jon

              Looks great, I only wish I would have seen this before I took my
              blacksmithing class a couple of weeks ago.

              Mike

              --
              "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
              He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.

              St. Francis of Assissi