For Evian in Gratitude

  • Kinjal of Moravia
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24 6:00 AM
      BLACKTHORN DRAW

      When I was gifted a branch of Blackthorn,
      therefrom to slow fashion a wond'rous staff,
      I knew not of Evian's compassioned thought.
      I grasped the dark solid shaft in hand
      and marveled at the strength that it did draw
      up from the very earth and heaven's touch.

      Nature is strong in our SCA blood,
      and even a swordless knave enobled
      can feel strong kinship with a knight or lord.
      Is this some strange primordial yearning
      for a time when work was more directly
      connected with hands, and dirt and this tree?

      It matters not, for those bold in spirit.
      We have learned so much from our friend.
      My staff is now an arrow, finely fletched
      with mem'ries of true valored BlackThorn might.
      It point to simple truths of earth and mind,
      and passion found in community bond.

      When I walk with my Evian staff
      I walk with grand life itself.

      Kinjal