Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: gasket laquer

  • David Poulin
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 5, 2003
      I used a poly stain as well and have a board with nails in it plus
      clothespins with holes to match the nails that I use for hanging them after
      dipped. By the time I've done the twelfth I can go back and do the first
      again for the second coat and once done the second I can repeat from #1
      again for the third coat. Seems to work very well for me.

      As a side note, I have a great homemade dipper made from PVC piping (1 1/2
      inch width) that has a cap on one end and what I think is some sort of sink
      adapter on the other that I replaced the plastic bits with a rubber gasket.
      It has a screw-on ring that holds the gasket in place after removing the
      plastic bits that came with it.

      I also discovered (first time I used it) that you will need a second,
      smaller hole in the gasket for air so the poly stain doesn't go shooting out
      of the tube under pressure when you slide the arrow shaft into it!!!

      Antony Martin of Sheffield