Re: [SCA-Archery] Gasket Laquer ingredients

  • Dvalin
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
      Greetings,
      Gasket laquer is very flammable even after it is DRY. If you use a feather
      burner, make
      sure to keep the ribbon at least 1/8" away from the shaft or you may make
      your beautiful
      new arrow into a torch.

      Dvalin

      ---
    • badger5149@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
        In a message dated 9/4/2003 1:39:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        greytaylor@... writes:

        > A few years ago I wrote to this list about a new arrow finish I'd gotten
        > from
        > my supplier and was pretty roundly slammed for using something other than
        > Bohning finishes.
        >
        > Guy

        I wonder if anyone here has ever tried using superglue as a finishing
        product, especially on the backs of bows, I have seen some pool cues my brother has
        finished with it and it produces a deep hard finish. Badger