Re: gasket laquer

  • roguenad2000
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2003
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, badger5149@a... wrote:

      > I was talking to a guy at an arrow shop today and he told me
      > he dips, weights 3 seconds dip again 3 seconds and dip again.
      > Was wondering does $25.00 a qt sound like the going price for
      > this stuff. Badger

      What I normaly do is Dip one, and then move on to the next arrow. By
      the time I have dipped all tweleve arrows once, I can just start
      over again at arrow #1 for the next coat.

      I think Valley Traditional Archery charges $21.50 for clear, and
      $23.50 for color "Quick Dry Sealer Coat". So that doesn't seem to
      far out of range.

      Keep in mind though, that you can do a LOT of arrows with one can of
      this stuff..

      Dan
    • David Poulin
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5, 2003
        I used a poly stain as well and have a board with nails in it plus
        clothespins with holes to match the nails that I use for hanging them after
        dipped. By the time I've done the twelfth I can go back and do the first
        again for the second coat and once done the second I can repeat from #1
        again for the third coat. Seems to work very well for me.

        As a side note, I have a great homemade dipper made from PVC piping (1 1/2
        inch width) that has a cap on one end and what I think is some sort of sink
        adapter on the other that I replaced the plastic bits with a rubber gasket.
        It has a screw-on ring that holds the gasket in place after removing the
        plastic bits that came with it.

        I also discovered (first time I used it) that you will need a second,
        smaller hole in the gasket for air so the poly stain doesn't go shooting out
        of the tube under pressure when you slide the arrow shaft into it!!!

        Antony Martin of Sheffield