Re: Beggining Fletcher Needs Advice

  • roguenad2000
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 2, 2003
      I get alot of my Supplies mail order from a Place in Colorado called
      Valley Traditional Archery. (http://www.valleytradarchery.com/)
      There prices are competitive with other shops, and the people are
      very friendly and helpful.

      They sell "gasket laquer" as "Quick-dry Sealer Coat" and a "quick
      Dry System" to use it. Its basicly a realy thick lacquer that you
      put in a long dip tube. At the top of the tube is a ruber gasket
      with a hole that will just stretch over the shaft.

      By diping the arrow through the gasket you get a very light coat on
      the arrow, and it drys very quickly. When working on a dozen arrows,
      but the time I have dipped the 12th one, the first is dry, and ready
      for the next coat. I normaly put 3 or 4 coats on each shaft.

      Someone was asking about Fletching Jigs, I have single Martin J8 jig
      that I use, and it seems to work quite well. Though I am looking at
      buying a Jojann Multi-fletcher just to speed things up since I have
      found myself doing a lot more fletching lately.

      Dan