Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Beggining Fletcher Needs Advice

  • Carolus Eulenhorst
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 2 12:06 PM
      No, Duco does not work well with Bohning. FletchLac is a vinyl lacquer
      and is designed shed foreign materials to keep shafts cleaner. The
      FletchTite is also based on vinyl lacquer and thus fuses with the
      FletchLac.

      In service to the dream
      Carolus von Eulenhorst
      eulenhorst@...

      On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 23:48:35 EDT badger5149@... writes:
      > In a message dated 9/1/2003 8:27:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      > Godwin@...
      > writes:
      >
      > > I use "gasket laquer" which
      >
      > Godwin, where do you buy the gasket laquer, if i go to my local
      > paint store
      > is gasket laquer the proper trade name? I have been just dipping in
      > laquer i
      > buy and thinning it almost 50/50 with thinner but would prefer
      > switching to the
      > method you are using. I recently started using bonning products but
      > they are
      > incompatible with anything else you might use. Will duco cement work
      > with
      > bonning dips? Badger

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • roguenad2000
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 2 4:20 PM
        I get alot of my Supplies mail order from a Place in Colorado called
        Valley Traditional Archery. (http://www.valleytradarchery.com/)
        There prices are competitive with other shops, and the people are
        very friendly and helpful.

        They sell "gasket laquer" as "Quick-dry Sealer Coat" and a "quick
        Dry System" to use it. Its basicly a realy thick lacquer that you
        put in a long dip tube. At the top of the tube is a ruber gasket
        with a hole that will just stretch over the shaft.

        By diping the arrow through the gasket you get a very light coat on
        the arrow, and it drys very quickly. When working on a dozen arrows,
        but the time I have dipped the 12th one, the first is dry, and ready
        for the next coat. I normaly put 3 or 4 coats on each shaft.

        Someone was asking about Fletching Jigs, I have single Martin J8 jig
        that I use, and it seems to work quite well. Though I am looking at
        buying a Jojann Multi-fletcher just to speed things up since I have
        found myself doing a lot more fletching lately.

        Dan