Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1369

  • Terri Shurgin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25 1:45 PM
      Dear All,

      I want to Thank all of you who have helped out on the Pennsic Youth Archery
      Range. I'd send personal notes, but have no addresses.. hint, hint - e-mail
      privately back to me.
      First off is the Scarlet Guarde of Aethelmarc, who supported the activities
      held this year, esp. the woods walk/Championship that
      was created and set-up by Master Baron James Cunningham, Forester. Also
      included with them is Charles O'Connor, Charles of Alden, Jacapo, Robert the
      Grey, Sakii and Juana (from Atlantia?), Aleezabet, Ragnar T,, Ragnar K., all
      the novelty hosts (complete list can be gotten off of me via private e-mail)
      and of course Owen FitzOwen called Owen OneEye who helped tremendously by
      taking over most of the afternoon shifts.
      The Youth had tons of fun and loved the walk in the woods with refreshments
      sponsored by the Scarlet Guarde. We had 23 in the final competition, and 3
      divisions of Youth.
      We gave out 125 favors (haven't counted them all yet, but it's close to
      that), with many youth returning everyday to stay most of the day, unless
      they had to go home. (about 10 youth came from 5-6 days of shooting)
      I'd like to say that we hade activities even for the older youth (they had
      to do some novelties on the adult practice range); they were welcomed to
      participate. If they were over a certain proficiency, usually they didn't
      accept the prizes.

      Thank you all who helped to support monetarily and by gifts the Youth
      Archery program.

      Thank you all who gave of your time and your hearts.

      If any are living close by to me, I have a copy of The Crossbow, among other
      books. Picked up a nifty little book called Bows and Arrows by Duff. (Lots
      of ill. on how-tos--sorry I didn't tell you about that one Jacapo!) I live
      near Lancaster, Ohio.

      Hopefully we can continue on the Youth Range what has been started this
      year. It won't be my turn next year to work Youth (I'm Midrealm), but
      whoever is, please feel free to contact me.

      Love,

      Roewynne