Pennsic Arrows

  • Bruce R. Gordon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2003
      Greetings
      As has been done in previous years, I have retained the found and
      thus far unclaimed arrows (320 arrows, 71 crossbow bolts, 3 mundane
      arrows) from Pennsic (the Mid and the East trade off this
      responsibility each year). Normally they are gradually dispersed as
      loaners and starter sets to new and needy groups, but I want to provide
      an opportunity to one and all to reclaim them if possible.
      If you lost ammunition at Pennsic, and will provide me with a
      minute description of same ("a red-and-white fletched 29 inch arrow"
      isn't good enough - I need every detail and measurement you can think
      of), I will try to get it back to you as best I can. I cannot undertake
      to underwrite the cost of shipping, so any arrangements may be clumsy
      and slow, but I do want to at least make an effort toward reuniting
      owners with tackle if at all possible.
      I make this specific announcement in the interest of clarity,
      since I am given to understand that there was a considerable amount of
      acrimony this year over this matter. This startled me a great deal,
      since it has been an almost invariant custom on the part of the archery
      administrators to retain and distribute these things in the manner that
      I have described. The only other alternatives would be to abandon the
      hoard to be thrown out by the Coopers, or to turn them in to Lost-'n-
      Found (who would not thank us - we tried that one year) where they
      would eventually be sold at fundraising auctions.

      Respectfully;
      Forester Nigel FitzMaurice, Middle Kingdom Archer-General
      --
      Ex Tenebra, Lux