Thanks was - Deaf archers

  • Matthew Legge
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 1999
      At 08:23 AM 25/12/99 -0600, you wrote:
      >From: Dennis Cooley <djcool@...>
      >
      >Greetings
      > At a mundane range I worked at we put a Bicycle caution flag on a stand bent
      >over with a trip trigger at a little over half way down range. If where was a
      >reason to pull the string it would pop up and the archers were taught to
      watch
      >the flag and obey the hold. Even the hearing archers were better at the sight
      >of it popping up and were faster to respond. We only pulled it once in the
      >last year when an archer dropped an arrow and tried to creep up to
      retrieve it
      >and I caught her. The hardest thing was to teach the Marshals to pull the
      >string at the same time as they holler hold.
      >
      >John-Paul Bowyer

      Hello All

      I like this idea, something that simple has got to work! <grin>

      Was it much trouble to set the flag up? Presently our Barony has the
      permission of a primary school to use their cricket oval to shoot on. The
      pitch makes a pretty natural shooting line, however we don't have any
      onsite storage so a simple set up with the bike flag looks promising.

      To the others on the list who have responded - thanks a lot.

      Maidiu
      Aneala