Re: arrow spine and range setup

  • Tami
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2003
      The range that is set up is in the guys back yard and there is rarely
      anybody out there. I did talk to him and he makes arrows.

      As for the fairway there is alot of room and like the archery range
      there is rarely anyone in it.

      Lady Fortunata

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Carl West <carl.west@c...> wrote:
      > Tami wrote:
      > >
      > > I would love to be able to do that, however, the only range we
      have
      > > is at a persons home in the country and I don't think he has
      practice
      > > arrows. He sells archery equipment out of his garage. He is the
      only
      > > one close.
      >
      > Do other people shoot there too? Tell them what you're trying to
      do, many will let you borrow an arrow or two. Some will not for fear
      of loss or breakage of expensive and/or hand-crafted arrows, which is
      perfectly reasonable.

      > Where are you?
      >

      > >...I am hoping that our home owners association won't be
      > > upset if I set up a target in the fairway to practice. I have
      lots of
      > > room in the fairway it is about 1/4 mile long, maybe longer.
      >
      > Consider what's within range 45 degrees off the direction of shoot,
      and how to keep people out of that zone. There are safety guidelines
      for setting up a range, y'probably want to follow them. Someone here
      can point you to them.

      > If you're accurate enough at short range, you can shoot _in_ the
      house, but only if you can _guarantee_ the hits will all be on your
      arrow stopper. It teaches nothing about shooting distance, but it
      lets you work on your form.