Re: I found a bow

  • Tami
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 4 7:12 PM
      I will check into that I am definitely an e-bay shopper.

      Lady Fortunata

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, badger5149@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 8/4/2003 8:57:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      > ecward@s... writes:
      >
      > > I unfortunately live in a town that really
      > > >doesn't have sporting goods, therefore I would like to find a
      > > >retailer on line that would carry the wood arrows needed to
      target
      > > >shoot in the SCA. Can anyone help me with this.
      > > >
      > > >Lady Fortunata
      > >

      > Lady, Have you tried E-bay, I just bought 32 wood arrow $32.00,
      they are
      > used. There are several guys on e-bay who make and sell very nice
      homemade arrows
      > at good prices also. I make my own arrow very economicaly but the
      original set
      > up for fletching jigs and such can be a little expensive. Find out
      what
      > spined arrow you will need before you buy any, If i was shooting a
      30" arrow out of
      > a 30# recurve I would normally get arrows spined for 40#. But it is
      best to
      > try a few first and see which shoots best before you buy too many.
      Badger

    • Barry Thomason
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 5 5:55 AM
        Here's another good source of SCA arrows. They are beautifully made
        and not that expensive.

        http://www.wholesalearrows.homestead.com/ARROWS.html

        Look at the bottom for the warrior arrows.

        Griffith Gwyn

        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, "Tami" <fortunata_trb@y...> wrote:
        > Well after a year of searching and many other things going on with
        my
        > life I found a 30# recurve bow on line for 100.00. Now my problem
        is
        > finding arrows for it. I unfortunately live in a town that really
        > doesn't have sporting goods, therefore I would like to find a
        > retailer on line that would carry the wood arrows needed to target
        > shoot in the SCA. Can anyone help me with this.
        >
        > Lady Fortunata
      • Wolfshead

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 11 7:14 AM
              Thank you, I have a gentleman here in town that sells archery
              equipment plus there is a very nice SCA gentleman that is going to be
              making me some arrows. I have earmarked the sight you recommended for
              future referance.

              Lady Fortunata

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/