something funny about archery teachers SCA

  • Naima
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      ok back to the what makes a good archer and this is
      quite me lol

      My first experience with a bow was when I was in the
      girl scouts about the age of 13 or 14 and I was quite
      a natural. Well I didn't pick one up again until my
      second SCA event, which happened to be Qadi Ibrahim's
      crown tourney in 2002. Now I was out on this windy,
      forsaken, field in the sun getting burnt and irritated
      by the moment because I just couldn't get the stupid
      loners to work. Along comes Godwin and Owen and
      Braden and Jerard and Lady Mom. they were all very
      kind and helped out and just as I was about to give
      up, Jerard sent Lady Mom to thier camper to get this
      green 35# hunting bow for me to borrow. (ended up
      buying it lol) Well we just happened to be shooting
      the last IKAC of the day and well don't you know, all
      their advice and a good heavy bow did it and I score
      my big old 22 at the event lol.
      Jerard and Lady Mom were at Uprising this year, (oh
      and did I get scolded for not recognizing them, it had
      only been a year and half sheesh lol) and all of a
      sudden, i couldn't shoot if I had to save my life lol.
      Now I can shoot around Godwin, Owen and Braden
      because I'm around them at events all the time, but
      the other two of my teachers show up and whamo I'm a
      beginner all over again nerves of limp spaghetti
      noodles lol. I was lucky to hit the target at all
      when I ran into them on that Thursday of the event
      hehe it was quite humerous. (if you're not laughing
      you had to be there lol)

      Naima

      =====
      Sayyida Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya, CGP
      Shire of Bronzehelm
      Kingdom of Artemisia

      my philosophy="If you ask a question you don't want an answer to,
      expect an answer you don't want to hear"

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com