Re: Olympic Trials Announcement

  • hanhebin
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
      > The minimum qualifying score as mandated by FITA is 1200 points on
      > a FITA round or 600 on a 70 meter round. Of course there is a lot
      > more to it than that. You have to make it to the olympic trials and
      > then be one of the finalists. It is a long difficult road and also
      > inappropriate for this list. Nevertheless, good luck.

      Very appropriate for this or any other archery list for a wide
      assortment of reasons. All the local archery groups (including
      archery groups in the SCA) where this tournament is held should gain
      archers. In the SCA I always hear how easy it is to shoot modern
      bows but this tournament format probably more difficult, competitive,
      intense and physically demanding than most archers in the SCA will
      ever experience.

      Michael