Olympic Trials Announcement

  • hanhebin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 30, 2003
      http://www.usarchery.org/news/News%20Releases/2004%20Olympic%20Bid%
      20Packet.pdf

      Now if my shoulder will just stay healed, it should be no problem
      shooting a qualifying score.

      Michael
    • Dan Scheid
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 30, 2003
        good luck asking what is a qualifying score would be fruitless as I have not
        point of references so what is the distance, how many arrows shot and how
        close does the grouping need to be to qualify?
        Damales
        "You ask a mare.
        You tell a gelding.
        You have a conversation with a stallion"
        Author unknown
        www.home.earthlink.net/~chevalvolant/flyinghorseforge.html
        > http://www.usarchery.org/news/News%20Releases/2004%20Olympic%20Bid%
        > 20Packet.pdf
        >
        > Now if my shoulder will just stay healed, it should be no problem
        > shooting a qualifying score.
        >
        > Michael

      • Carolus Eulenhorst
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 30, 2003
          A qualifying score is in the range of 1250 to 1350 (haven't kept current
          as I haven't been shooting Olympic lately) on an outdoor FITA round - 36
          arrows each at 30,50,70 and 90 metres shooting at a 122cm (48") face.
          Maximum score possible 1440. A 10-ring (center ring) is 12.2 cm (about
          5") in diameter and each subsequent ring is 6.1cm larger. 4 qualifiers
          must be posted in the year preceding the trials at designated events.
          The best I've ever shot is in the 900's.

          In service to the dream
          Carolus von Eulenhorst
          eulenhorst@...

          On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:10:42 -0700 "Dan Scheid" <damales@...>
          writes:
          > good luck asking what is a qualifying score would be fruitless as I
          > have not
          > point of references so what is the distance, how many arrows shot
          > and how
          > close does the grouping need to be to qualify?
          > Damales
          > "You ask a mare.
          > You tell a gelding.
          > You have a conversation with a stallion"
          > Author unknown

          Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
        • Nest verch Tangwistel
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 30, 2003
            The minimum qualifying score as mandated by FITA is 1200 points on a FITA
            round or 600 on a 70 meter round. Of course there is a lot more to it than
            that. You have to make it to the olympic trials and then be one of the
            finalists. It is a long difficult road and also inappropriate for this
            list. Nevertheless, good luck.

            Nest
            Written from a hotel room in Reading, PA that I just got back to from the
            annual NAA meeting at the NAA outdoor national championships.

            --- Carolus Eulenhorst <eulenhorst@...> wrote:
            > A qualifying score is in the range of 1250 to 1350 (haven't kept current
            > as I haven't been shooting Olympic lately) on an outdoor FITA round - 36
            > arrows each at 30,50,70 and 90 metres shooting at a 122cm (48") face.
            > Maximum score possible 1440. A 10-ring (center ring) is 12.2 cm (about
            > 5") in diameter and each subsequent ring is 6.1cm larger. 4 qualifiers
            > must be posted in the year preceding the trials at designated events.
            > The best I've ever shot is in the 900's.
            >
            > In service to the dream
            > Carolus von Eulenhorst
            > eulenhorst@...
            >
            > On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:10:42 -0700 "Dan Scheid" <damales@...>
            > writes:
            > > good luck asking what is a qualifying score would be fruitless as I
            > > have not
            > > point of references so what is the distance, how many arrows shot
            > > and how
            > > close does the grouping need to be to qualify?
            > > Damales
            > > "You ask a mare.
            > > You tell a gelding.
            > > You have a conversation with a stallion"
            > > Author unknown

            > Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • Matthew Underhill
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 30, 2003
              The NAA championships were in Reading this year? Jeez, I didn't know that
              and I LIVE here! Otherwise, I would have been there!

              Sorry to post a small rant as my first posting to the list. :-)

              Lord Mathew Undrel
              Shire of Hartshorn Dale
              Kingdom of the East

              > The minimum qualifying score as mandated by FITA is 1200 points on a FITA
              > round or 600 on a 70 meter round. Of course there is a lot more to it than
              > that. You have to make it to the olympic trials and then be one of the
              > finalists. It is a long difficult road and also inappropriate for this
              > list. Nevertheless, good luck.
              >
              > Nest
              > Written from a hotel room in Reading, PA that I just got back to from the
              > annual NAA meeting at the NAA outdoor national championships.
              >

              > --- Carolus Eulenhorst <eulenhorst@...> wrote:
              > > A qualifying score is in the range of 1250 to 1350 (haven't kept current
              > > as I haven't been shooting Olympic lately) on an outdoor FITA round - 36
              > > arrows each at 30,50,70 and 90 metres shooting at a 122cm (48") face.
              > > Maximum score possible 1440. A 10-ring (center ring) is 12.2 cm (about
              > > 5") in diameter and each subsequent ring is 6.1cm larger. 4 qualifiers
              > > must be posted in the year preceding the trials at designated events.
              > > The best I've ever shot is in the 900's.
              > >
              > > In service to the dream
              > > Carolus von Eulenhorst
              > > eulenhorst@...
              > >
              > > On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:10:42 -0700 "Dan Scheid" <damales@...>
              > > writes:
              > > > good luck asking what is a qualifying score would be fruitless as I
              > > > have not
              > > > point of references so what is the distance, how many arrows shot
              > > > and how
              > > > close does the grouping need to be to qualify?
              > > > Damales
              > > > "You ask a mare.
              > > > You tell a gelding.
              > > > You have a conversation with a stallion"
              > > > Author unknown

              > > The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
              > > Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

              > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

            • Nest verch Tangwistel
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
                It will be here for the next 2 years.
                Nest

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
                  > The minimum qualifying score as mandated by FITA is 1200 points on
                  > a FITA round or 600 on a 70 meter round. Of course there is a lot
                  > more to it than that. You have to make it to the olympic trials and
                  > then be one of the finalists. It is a long difficult road and also
                  > inappropriate for this list. Nevertheless, good luck.

                  Very appropriate for this or any other archery list for a wide
                  assortment of reasons. All the local archery groups (including
                  archery groups in the SCA) where this tournament is held should gain
                  archers. In the SCA I always hear how easy it is to shoot modern
                  bows but this tournament format probably more difficult, competitive,
                  intense and physically demanding than most archers in the SCA will
                  ever experience.

                  Michael