Re: [SCA-Archery] Re:What makes a great Archer

  • badger5149@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2003
      In a message dated 7/28/2003 2:22:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      ladywolf89@... writes:

      > a great archer is one who is willing to share his/her
      > skills and teach his craft to those of us who want to
      > learn

      I enjoy shooting and hunting small game, but my real passion is learning how
      to build the equipment and enjoying all the designs and history associated
      with archery. I know very little at this point but have never been facinated with
      anything so much in my life. I do a lot of things backwards on purpose and
      have had more than one person ask me to explain why and all I can say is cause i
      have fun doing it that way, my arrows weigh anywhere from 450 grains to 800
      grains, and when i pick one up I have a pretty good idea how i have to shoot
      it. It makes me feel more intouch with my bow. Kind of like throwing a rock, we
      instintively know how to throw a rock of different weights. Now If I were
      trying for a good score I would match my arrows. Next week I plan to attend my
      first sca practice session and i really am excited and a little nervous about it.
      I have only met a few guys into archery and they shoot compounds. So it will
      be great to learn form those who have had generations of knowledge passed
      down. Badger