What makes a great archer?

  • Evian Blackthorn
    Message 1 of 60 , Jul 23, 2003
      What makes a great archer depends on what you think of as
      archery. In our modern times, playing our anachronistic game,
      we understand there are different 'types' of archers. The
      modern 'target' archer, the modern 'hunting' archer, the SCA
      'target' archer, the SCA 'combat' archer, the Medieval
      'target' archer, the Medieval 'hunting' archer, and the
      Medieval 'combat' archer. What makes each one of these types
      great in his field is not the same. We could ignore the two
      modern types of archers, as not really being relevant to the
      SCA. But that still leaves us five different types of archers.
      So what makes a great archer? Macsen? Anybody?

      Evian
    • hanhebin
      Message 60 of 60 , Aug 8, 2003
        > Royal Rounds do not indicate the quality of an archer in a
        > competetive environment.

        Most people that can do well in practice can be taught to well in an
        competitive environment and just because a person does well in a
        competitive event doesn't mean they had any competition.

        Michael