Fifth results, Winter crossbow challenge

  • D Humberson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 1999
      Greetings to the list.

      Here are the next results from the Winter Crossbow
      Challenge, listed alphabetically by SCAdian last name.

      My thanks to those who've submitted scores so far.

      I'll be publishing this about twice a month or whenever I
      get 3 or 4 new scores( new shooters or shooters who've
      improved their scores) listing the highest score for
      each shooter. I have placed an asterisk (*) after each
      updated score or new shooter.

      The format for each listing is:
      SCA Name
      SCA Group
      SCA Kingdom
      Prod Poundage
      Lock Type
      Sight type, if any
      Aggregate Score # of X's

      The rules of the shoot follow the posting.

      MISTRESS DORINDA AETHELWYN *
      HAVENHOLDE
      Middle
      120
      Top Lever
      Rear Pin sight
      188 1X

      LORD ALLEN of CAERLAVEROCK
      HAVENHOLDE
      Middle
      120
      Top Lever
      No Sights
      206 7X

      LORD JAMES CUNNINGHAM
      HAVENHOLDE
      Middle
      120
      Top Lever
      No Sights
      171 1X

      THLady Rowan Elfhame
      Barony of the Bridge
      East
      150
      Fitz-Bare
      Rear Peep
      236 12X

      Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust
      Barony of Highland Foorde
      Atlantia
      Poundage unknown
      Roller Nut
      No sights
      129 1X

      Lord Ragnar Ketilsson *
      Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands
      Aethelmearc
      104
      FitzBare self-limited nut
      Rear slot
      226 9X

      Lord Berengar LECLERIC
      HAVENHOLDE
      Middle
      70
      Falling tab(Whamo)
      Rear Peep
      168 0X

      Master Li Kung Lo
      Canton of Aschehyrst, Barony of Carolingia
      EAST
      125
      Rolling nut
      No sights
      212 7X

      Lord Yaakov Avraham ben Obadiah *
      Barony of the Bridge
      East
      110
      Port.
      none
      228 12X

      Lord Geoffrey de Wygan
      Barony of the Bridge
      East
      150
      Rolling Nut
      Rear Peep
      221 2X

      Here are the winter crossbow challenge rules, Mk I.b.
      --------------------------
      1. The round is 4 untimed ends of 6 bolts, shot at 20 yards,
      using either a 1-bull or 3-bull 40 cm FITA face. The targets
      must include the x ring. There are no divisions - if your
      local SCA group marshal would accept your rig on the line for
      a Royal Round, you may use it to shoot this challenge.

      2. The target is scored 10-9-8, not 5-4-3. For example, the
      gold is split into an inner 10 and an outer 9 ring, the red
      into an inner 8 and an outer 7, etc. As with RR scores, any
      shaft touching a line scores the higher value. On targets
      provided with both a compound and a recurve 10 ring, use the
      recurve 10 ring.

      3, Shooters may shoot as often as they desire, from Oct. 1 1999
      to May 1 2000. Any safe range of 20 measured yards is acceptable,
      and this shoot is totally honor system: no witnesses required.

      4. You must declare the beginning of the round before shooting
      the first end.

      5. Two ends must be shot standing, two are freestyle, except
      that the crossbow itself must be held and supported only by the
      hands at all times. Resting elbows is explicitly permitted for
      freestyle shooting.

      6. Submit scores to xbow@..., dhumbers@...,
      or dhumberson@home. Please do not reply to the archery list.

      7. Please include your SCA name, SCA group, kingdom, the score,
      your bow's lock type( rolling nut, stopped nut, claw such as Barnett,
      notchlock, etc..), what sights if any you used, prod poundage,
      score, and anything else you might think interesting.

      8. Scores will be published about every 4 weeks, more often if
      warrented. Have fun with this, it is intended as a way to keep
      us sharp across the winter!

      Thanks again to those who've tried this shoot,
      Ragnar Ketilsson