Re: [SCA-Archery] An interesting idea

  • Bob Upson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 11, 2003
      On 11 Jul 2003 at 11:12, Carolus Eulenhorst wrote:

      > safe, and go for it. Of course, this is out in states like California
      > which prohibit the rockets.

      FWIW, even model rocketry has become highly regulated post-9/11. (As
      if somebody is going to build a ground to air missile based on an
      Estes "D" motor... =)

      YIS,
      Macsen
    • Carolus Eulenhorst
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 11, 2003
        It's been done. We had choppers brought down in Nam by a model rocket,
        some fish line, and a few parts I won't mention.
        And I think it's now time to take rockets off-list.

        In service to the dream
        Carolus von Eulenhorst
        eulenhorst@...

        On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:12:52 -0400 "Bob Upson" <wyvern@...>
        writes:
        > On 11 Jul 2003 at 11:12, Carolus Eulenhorst wrote:
        >
        > > safe, and go for it. Of course, this is out in states like
        > California
        > > which prohibit the rockets.
        >
        > FWIW, even model rocketry has become highly regulated post-9/11.
        > (As
        > if somebody is going to build a ground to air missile based on an
        > Estes "D" motor... =)
        >
        > YIS,
        > Macsen

        Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
      • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 14, 2003
          > Corpora also specifically prohibits black powder in any form,
          >and I think some kingdoms don't even allow discussion of powder as an
          >abstract topic.

          Actually, as some people have said, this isn't true. I know for a fact
          (from being a Pennsic Attendee), that Midrealm doesn't allow it, and East
          Kingdom does. As the Black Powder class taught at Pennsic each year,
          allows you to shoot the firearms on 'East' years, and not on 'Mid'
          years. Meaning last year, I got to fire off a few cannons. This year, I
          won't have the chance.

          Siegfried

          THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal
        • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 14, 2003
            > > such fireworks are illegal in California and a few other more
            > > cautious states and was wondering if anyone had ever done
            >
            >I think that you'll find that fireworks are illegal in most states by
            >now.
            >
            >Yet another set of laws to protect stupid people... =(
            >
            >YIS,
            >Macsen

            Interestingly enough Macsen, around my parts, the laws keep relaxing. West
            Virginia, from around at least 30 years ago (dunno how much longer before
            that) until around 10 years ago completely banned fireworks, only to 10
            years ago change that law to only allow 'certain classes' of
            fireworks. (something like 'Class A')

            Basically, meaning that as long as it doesn't 'launch projectiles into the
            air' or 'explode', its ok. So all sorts of 'showers of sparks' and
            spinners, and etc are legal.

            I live in Maryland now, and some number of years ago, Maryland did the
            exact same thing. Reversing the ban on them, and moving it to allow the
            non-launching non-exploding ones.

            Siegfried

            THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal
          • HL Agnarr Thorvaldsson
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 14, 2003
              Here in Texas, we were able to launch all types of fireworks on this past 4th of July, (Bottlerockets, Rockets and mortars to named a few.).

              Texas State law has always allowed the use of fireworks on any day of the year, but only on certain days of the year are fireworks allowed to be sold.
              However I must add that local municipalities and all county judges in the state are allowed to change this law or even enact a complete ban of fireworks as conditions warrant for there area (drought, fire bans to name a few of the reasons.)

              So this must be either a local or state law on the use or non-use of fireworks in your area.

              HL Agnarr Thorvaldsson
              Crossrode Keep, Ansteorra
            • mark s graves
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 14, 2003
                Siege weapons are fun to plays. There is nothing firing a balista and
                knocking down a wall......William Ross of Skye

                Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!