Re: Ghosts, Ghouls, and Goblins update

  • Kinjal of Moravia
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 10 4:06 PM
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, drosen105@a... wrote:
      > Ghosts, Ghouls, and Goblins is cheduled for this October 24-26.
      In addition to the roving range and the cabin space, this year we've
      added the main building saturday night. It has 1 large room and 2
      medium sized rooms in it. We would like to schedule evening classes
      in these rooms on saturday (6pm to midnight). If you would like to
      teach a class, particularly in the field of Archery, please contact
      me off-list. If you would like to see a particular class taught,
      please contact me off-list. Thank you.
      > Rupert the Unbalanced
      > drosen105@a...
      Could you (and all future posters of events) please privide a clue
      as to your mundane where abouts for the great unwashed like me. I
      hate to get excited and then find you are 3000 miles away.

      Alternately, perhaps a kind soul whould create a cross reference
      list and post it in the FILE section.

      Kinjal
    • Matt Hemmer
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 10 4:34 PM
        Kinjal,

        Greetings, brother archer! I plan to get excited about "Ghouls,
        Ghosts and Goblins" regardless of the location. I'm watching avidly to see
        if there are any ideas I might incorporate to an event here (I hope you guys
        don't mind a little plagarism, I am a pir..... ahem.... privateer after all!
        :) if I can't make it to theirs! Sounds like a blast and if I can't
        participate due to location, then I'll make something happen in a location
        that I can make.

        If your ship doesn't come in then swim out to it!! (Just hope it's not a
        garbage scow!!!)

        Fionn McDougal, Captain
        August Glory
        Archery Warden
        Caerthe, Outlands

        > Ghosts, Ghouls, and Goblins is cheduled for this October 24-26.
        In addition to the roving range and the cabin space, this year we've
        added the main building saturday night. It has 1 large room and 2
        medium sized rooms in it. We would like to schedule evening classes
        in these rooms on saturday (6pm to midnight). If you would like to
        teach a class, particularly in the field of Archery, please contact
        me off-list. If you would like to see a particular class taught,
        please contact me off-list. Thank you.
        > Rupert the Unbalanced
        > drosen105@a...
        Could you (and all future posters of events) please privide a clue
        as to your mundane where abouts for the great unwashed like me. I
        hate to get excited and then find you are 3000 miles away.

        Alternately, perhaps a kind soul whould create a cross reference
        list and post it in the FILE section.

        Kinjal

      • Sherry Bishop
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 10 7:26 PM
          Got this off of the East Kingdom site:

          10/24 - 10/26Ghost, Gouls & Goblins **INCOMPLETE**
          Barony of Carillion - Monmouth, Ocean, S.Middlesex Co., NJ
          Sounds like a fun time! Maybe I can persuade my comrades to go :)

          Seonaid inghean meic Duibhshithe
          aka "Shea"

          "Is maith an sc�th�n s�il charad"

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 11 4:44 AM
            In a message dated 7/10/2003 2:47:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, brummejr@... writes:

            > Forgive me but this is the first I have heard of this. Probbly not in the Outlands :-) Where is the event to take
            > place?

            Sorry about that, sometimes I forget this is not a geographical list. GGG is in central NJ. On saturday we (Mostly Baron Ramos da Vida) have a woods walk that is at least 10 stations and comprising different kinds of evil targets. Some will be moving, some will be 3-D, all are just a lot of fun to shoot. The event is at a boy scout camp so there is plenty of room to camp. The event announcement should be on the EK events list within the next few days.
          • Jack Bradley
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 11 5:12 AM
              This year I hope you guys put that stuffed rat a little farther away
              150 yards is just to easy :-)
              Ragnar Two Ax

              drosen105@... wrote:

              >In a message dated 7/10/2003 2:47:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, brummejr@... writes:
              >

              >>Forgive me but this is the first I have heard of this. Probbly not in the Outlands :-) Where is the event to take
              >>place?
              >>

              >Sorry about that, sometimes I forget this is not a geographical list. GGG is in central NJ. On saturday we (Mostly Baron Ramos da Vida) have a woods walk that is at least 10 stations and comprising different kinds of evil targets. Some will be moving, some will be 3-D, all are just a lot of fun to shoot. The event is at a boy scout camp so there is plenty of room to camp. The event announcement should be on the EK events list within the next few days.

              "If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his life "

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 11 5:21 AM
                In a message dated 7/11/2003 7:12:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, ragnar@... writes:

                > This year I hope you guys put that stuffed rat a little
                > farther away
                > 150 yards is just to easy :-)

                Acually, I think it was closer to 165, but a request is a request! How does about 210 sound? ;)
              • James Brummet
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 11 5:34 AM
                  Sounds like a bloody fun time but too for for my horse to travel.

                  >>> drosen105@... 07/11/03 05:44AM >>>

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 11 5:52 AM
                    And maybe smaller ? :-D