Re: [SCA-Archery] Ghosts, Ghouls, and Goblins update

  • Matt Hemmer
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 10, 2003
      East Kingdom, I think..... Sounds like a lot of fun though...... I wonder...

      Fionn

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 10, 2003
        --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, drosen105@a... wrote:
        > Ghosts, Ghouls, and Goblins is cheduled for this October 24-26.
        In addition to the roving range and the cabin space, this year we've
        added the main building saturday night. It has 1 large room and 2
        medium sized rooms in it. We would like to schedule evening classes
        in these rooms on saturday (6pm to midnight). If you would like to
        teach a class, particularly in the field of Archery, please contact
        me off-list. If you would like to see a particular class taught,
        please contact me off-list. Thank you.
        > Rupert the Unbalanced
        > drosen105@a...
        Could you (and all future posters of events) please privide a clue
        as to your mundane where abouts for the great unwashed like me. I
        hate to get excited and then find you are 3000 miles away.

        Alternately, perhaps a kind soul whould create a cross reference
        list and post it in the FILE section.

        Kinjal
      • Matt Hemmer
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 10, 2003
          Kinjal,

          Greetings, brother archer! I plan to get excited about "Ghouls,
          Ghosts and Goblins" regardless of the location. I'm watching avidly to see
          if there are any ideas I might incorporate to an event here (I hope you guys
          don't mind a little plagarism, I am a pir..... ahem.... privateer after all!
          :) if I can't make it to theirs! Sounds like a blast and if I can't
          participate due to location, then I'll make something happen in a location
          that I can make.

          If your ship doesn't come in then swim out to it!! (Just hope it's not a
          garbage scow!!!)

          Fionn McDougal, Captain
          August Glory
          Archery Warden
          Caerthe, Outlands

          > Ghosts, Ghouls, and Goblins is cheduled for this October 24-26.
          In addition to the roving range and the cabin space, this year we've
          added the main building saturday night. It has 1 large room and 2
          medium sized rooms in it. We would like to schedule evening classes
          in these rooms on saturday (6pm to midnight). If you would like to
          teach a class, particularly in the field of Archery, please contact
          me off-list. If you would like to see a particular class taught,
          please contact me off-list. Thank you.
          > Rupert the Unbalanced
          > drosen105@a...
          Could you (and all future posters of events) please privide a clue
          as to your mundane where abouts for the great unwashed like me. I
          hate to get excited and then find you are 3000 miles away.

          Alternately, perhaps a kind soul whould create a cross reference
          list and post it in the FILE section.

          Kinjal

        • Sherry Bishop
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 10, 2003
            Got this off of the East Kingdom site:

            10/24 - 10/26Ghost, Gouls & Goblins **INCOMPLETE**
            Barony of Carillion - Monmouth, Ocean, S.Middlesex Co., NJ
            Sounds like a fun time! Maybe I can persuade my comrades to go :)

            Seonaid inghean meic Duibhshithe
            aka "Shea"

            "Is maith an sc�th�n s�il charad"

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 11, 2003
              In a message dated 7/10/2003 2:47:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, brummejr@... writes:

              > Forgive me but this is the first I have heard of this. Probbly not in the Outlands :-) Where is the event to take
              > place?

              Sorry about that, sometimes I forget this is not a geographical list. GGG is in central NJ. On saturday we (Mostly Baron Ramos da Vida) have a woods walk that is at least 10 stations and comprising different kinds of evil targets. Some will be moving, some will be 3-D, all are just a lot of fun to shoot. The event is at a boy scout camp so there is plenty of room to camp. The event announcement should be on the EK events list within the next few days.
            • Jack Bradley
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 11, 2003
                This year I hope you guys put that stuffed rat a little farther away
                150 yards is just to easy :-)
                Ragnar Two Ax

                drosen105@... wrote:

                >In a message dated 7/10/2003 2:47:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, brummejr@... writes:
                >

                >>Forgive me but this is the first I have heard of this. Probbly not in the Outlands :-) Where is the event to take
                >>place?
                >>

                >Sorry about that, sometimes I forget this is not a geographical list. GGG is in central NJ. On saturday we (Mostly Baron Ramos da Vida) have a woods walk that is at least 10 stations and comprising different kinds of evil targets. Some will be moving, some will be 3-D, all are just a lot of fun to shoot. The event is at a boy scout camp so there is plenty of room to camp. The event announcement should be on the EK events list within the next few days.

                "If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his life "

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 11, 2003
                  In a message dated 7/11/2003 7:12:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, ragnar@... writes:

                  > This year I hope you guys put that stuffed rat a little
                  > farther away
                  > 150 yards is just to easy :-)

                  Acually, I think it was closer to 165, but a request is a request! How does about 210 sound? ;)
                • James Brummet
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 11, 2003
                    Sounds like a bloody fun time but too for for my horse to travel.

                    >>> drosen105@... 07/11/03 05:44AM >>>

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 11, 2003
                      And maybe smaller ? :-D