Ghosts, Ghouls, and Goblins update

  • drosen105@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 10, 2003
      Ghosts, Ghouls, and Goblins is cheduled for this October 24-26. In addition to the roving range and the cabin space, this year we've added the main building saturday night. It has 1 large room and 2 medium sized rooms in it. We would like to schedule evening classes in these rooms on saturday (6pm to midnight). If you would like to teach a class, particularly in the field of Archery, please contact me off-list. If you would like to see a particular class taught, please contact me off-list. Thank you.
      Rupert the Unbalanced
      drosen105@...
    • James Brummet
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 10, 2003
        Forgive me but this is the first I have heard of this. Probbly not in the Outlands :-) Where is the event to take place?

        >>> drosen105@... 07/10/03 01:28PM >>>
        Ghosts, Ghouls, and Goblins is cheduled for this October 24-26. In addition to the roving range and the cabin space, this year we've added the main building saturday night. It has 1 large room and 2 medium sized rooms in it. We would like to schedule evening classes in these rooms on saturday (6pm to midnight). If you would like to teach a class, particularly in the field of Archery, please contact me off-list. If you would like to see a particular class taught, please contact me off-list. Thank you.
        Rupert the Unbalanced
        drosen105@...

      • Matt Hemmer
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 10, 2003
          East Kingdom, I think..... Sounds like a lot of fun though...... I wonder...

          Fionn

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 10, 2003
            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, drosen105@a... wrote:
            > Ghosts, Ghouls, and Goblins is cheduled for this October 24-26.
            In addition to the roving range and the cabin space, this year we've
            added the main building saturday night. It has 1 large room and 2
            medium sized rooms in it. We would like to schedule evening classes
            in these rooms on saturday (6pm to midnight). If you would like to
            teach a class, particularly in the field of Archery, please contact
            me off-list. If you would like to see a particular class taught,
            please contact me off-list. Thank you.
            > Rupert the Unbalanced
            > drosen105@a...
            Could you (and all future posters of events) please privide a clue
            as to your mundane where abouts for the great unwashed like me. I
            hate to get excited and then find you are 3000 miles away.

            Alternately, perhaps a kind soul whould create a cross reference
            list and post it in the FILE section.

            Kinjal
          • Matt Hemmer
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 10, 2003
              Kinjal,

              Greetings, brother archer! I plan to get excited about "Ghouls,
              Ghosts and Goblins" regardless of the location. I'm watching avidly to see
              if there are any ideas I might incorporate to an event here (I hope you guys
              don't mind a little plagarism, I am a pir..... ahem.... privateer after all!
              :) if I can't make it to theirs! Sounds like a blast and if I can't
              participate due to location, then I'll make something happen in a location
              that I can make.

              If your ship doesn't come in then swim out to it!! (Just hope it's not a
              garbage scow!!!)

              Fionn McDougal, Captain
              August Glory
              Archery Warden
              Caerthe, Outlands

              > Ghosts, Ghouls, and Goblins is cheduled for this October 24-26.
              In addition to the roving range and the cabin space, this year we've
              added the main building saturday night. It has 1 large room and 2
              medium sized rooms in it. We would like to schedule evening classes
              in these rooms on saturday (6pm to midnight). If you would like to
              teach a class, particularly in the field of Archery, please contact
              me off-list. If you would like to see a particular class taught,
              please contact me off-list. Thank you.
              > Rupert the Unbalanced
              > drosen105@a...
              Could you (and all future posters of events) please privide a clue
              as to your mundane where abouts for the great unwashed like me. I
              hate to get excited and then find you are 3000 miles away.

              Alternately, perhaps a kind soul whould create a cross reference
              list and post it in the FILE section.

              Kinjal

            • Sherry Bishop
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 10, 2003
                Got this off of the East Kingdom site:

                10/24 - 10/26Ghost, Gouls & Goblins **INCOMPLETE**
                Barony of Carillion - Monmouth, Ocean, S.Middlesex Co., NJ
                Sounds like a fun time! Maybe I can persuade my comrades to go :)

                Seonaid inghean meic Duibhshithe
                aka "Shea"

                "Is maith an sc�th�n s�il charad"

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 11, 2003
                  In a message dated 7/10/2003 2:47:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, brummejr@... writes:

                  > Forgive me but this is the first I have heard of this. Probbly not in the Outlands :-) Where is the event to take
                  > place?

                  Sorry about that, sometimes I forget this is not a geographical list. GGG is in central NJ. On saturday we (Mostly Baron Ramos da Vida) have a woods walk that is at least 10 stations and comprising different kinds of evil targets. Some will be moving, some will be 3-D, all are just a lot of fun to shoot. The event is at a boy scout camp so there is plenty of room to camp. The event announcement should be on the EK events list within the next few days.
                • Jack Bradley
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 11, 2003
                    This year I hope you guys put that stuffed rat a little farther away
                    150 yards is just to easy :-)
                    Ragnar Two Ax

                    drosen105@... wrote:

                    >In a message dated 7/10/2003 2:47:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, brummejr@... writes:
                    >

                    >>Forgive me but this is the first I have heard of this. Probbly not in the Outlands :-) Where is the event to take
                    >>place?
                    >>

                    >Sorry about that, sometimes I forget this is not a geographical list. GGG is in central NJ. On saturday we (Mostly Baron Ramos da Vida) have a woods walk that is at least 10 stations and comprising different kinds of evil targets. Some will be moving, some will be 3-D, all are just a lot of fun to shoot. The event is at a boy scout camp so there is plenty of room to camp. The event announcement should be on the EK events list within the next few days.

                    "If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his life "

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 11, 2003
                      In a message dated 7/11/2003 7:12:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, ragnar@... writes:

                      > This year I hope you guys put that stuffed rat a little
                      > farther away
                      > 150 yards is just to easy :-)

                      Acually, I think it was closer to 165, but a request is a request! How does about 210 sound? ;)
                    • James Brummet
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 11, 2003
                        Sounds like a bloody fun time but too for for my horse to travel.

                        >>> drosen105@... 07/11/03 05:44AM >>>

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 11, 2003
                          And maybe smaller ? :-D