Re: [SCA-Archery] Virus Warning

  • Carolus Eulenhorst
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2003
      Actually, I have received this from addresses associated with other
      members of this list and others as well. It mimics the name of the
      person, the name of their email address, and a bogus domain. All the
      messages included an attachment in a screensaver format, usually entitled
      A&S report.scr or the like. This one is very devious.

      In service to the dream
      Carolus von Eulenhorst
      eulenhorst@...

      On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 04:27:46 -0000 "hanhebin" <hamberg@...> writes:
      > There is a prankster out there that is sending the Bugbear virus to
      > people using my Yahoo login and an AOL variant of my home E-mail
      > address. There is no such virus on my home PC and the time that the
      >
      > E-mail was sent my PC was off and I was some 50 miles away visiting
      >
      > my Father-In-Law who was just diagnosed with cancer.
      >
      > Sorry for any inconvience.
      >
      > Michael

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • hanhebin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2003
        > Actually, I have received this from addresses associated with other
        > members of this list and others as well. It mimics the name of the
        > person, the name of their email address, and a bogus domain. All
        > the messages included an attachment in a screensaver format,
        > usually entitled A&S report.scr or the like. This one is very
        > devious.

        Based on the content of the message you were kind enough to forward
        to me, it was probably intentionally sent. It was sent from appears
        to be an annoymous E-mail service rather than just spoofing a header.

        Michael