Virus Warning

  • hanhebin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2003
      There is a prankster out there that is sending the Bugbear virus to
      people using my Yahoo login and an AOL variant of my home E-mail
      address. There is no such virus on my home PC and the time that the
      E-mail was sent my PC was off and I was some 50 miles away visiting
      my Father-In-Law who was just diagnosed with cancer.

      Sorry for any inconvience.

      Michael
    • Carolus Eulenhorst
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2003
        Actually, I have received this from addresses associated with other
        members of this list and others as well. It mimics the name of the
        person, the name of their email address, and a bogus domain. All the
        messages included an attachment in a screensaver format, usually entitled
        A&S report.scr or the like. This one is very devious.

        In service to the dream
        Carolus von Eulenhorst
        eulenhorst@...

        On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 04:27:46 -0000 "hanhebin" <hamberg@...> writes:
        > There is a prankster out there that is sending the Bugbear virus to
        > people using my Yahoo login and an AOL variant of my home E-mail
        > address. There is no such virus on my home PC and the time that the
        >
        > E-mail was sent my PC was off and I was some 50 miles away visiting
        >
        > my Father-In-Law who was just diagnosed with cancer.
        >
        > Sorry for any inconvience.
        >
        > Michael

        Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
      • hanhebin
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2003
          > Actually, I have received this from addresses associated with other
          > members of this list and others as well. It mimics the name of the
          > person, the name of their email address, and a bogus domain. All
          > the messages included an attachment in a screensaver format,
          > usually entitled A&S report.scr or the like. This one is very
          > devious.

          Based on the content of the message you were kind enough to forward
          to me, it was probably intentionally sent. It was sent from appears
          to be an annoymous E-mail service rather than just spoofing a header.

          Michael