Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1345

  • Terri Shurgin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      As to rare finds of bows, in NYC, the NYC Museum of Natural History has on
      display a repeting Chinese crosswbow with the 6 shafts that were used. There
      was also another bow there. They have no catalog, and they have no
      postcards or pictures. I tried to take a picture of this lovely thing (looks
      like a 2 by 4 with a hole through it), but they didn't come out. It was
      right next to Russian garb (mis-labeled as were the Book of Hours nearby).
      I should've brought my sketch book. So, those who live nearby, if you get
      pics can you post them? Thanks!

      Roewynne