Pennsic Youth Archery Range

  • tshurgin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2003
      Greetings all! I'm finally back on the list! I've missed all of you.
      We're running the Youth Range at Pennsic a little bit differently
      this year.
      Many of the older Youth got bored. So, each day, we're designating a
      different theme. I'm hoping to have novelty shoots every day, 3 in
      the morning and three (repeated) in the afternoon.
      We still have slots open for any who are interested in running a
      Youth Novelty shoot. Either for Youth or Youth and Adults.
      On the last Friday, Aug. 15th, we will be runnning a YOUTH Archery
      Championship. Master James Cunningham, Forester-will be in charge of
      it, but we'd also like help from other Kingdoms. This will be the
      first Archery Championships for Youth held at Pennsic.
      To qualify for Championship, the Youth MUST have been on the range
      and shooting at least two previous days. ALL Youth can shoot the
      range.

      Here are the Themes and open time slots. If you'd like to
      participate, please e-mail me at tshurgin@...
      Also, if you have anymore questions, please e-mail me also!

      Range schedule:
      9-10 Open practice, Sign-in
      10-11 Shoot One
      11-12 Shoot Two
      12-1 Shoot Three
      1-2 Open practice
      2-3 Shoot One, repeated
      3-4 Shoot Two, repeated
      4-5 Shoot Three, repeated
      5pm ranges are closed.
      There will be an open target at all times at the 10 yard range.

      Daily Themes:
      Friday, Aug. 8th -- Holidays
      10-11 Shoot One: Luau Shoot
      11-12 Shoot Two: OPEN
      12-1 Shoot Three: James Ironmark in charge of shoot
      2-3 Shoot Four: Ironmark's shoot
      3-4 OPEN
      4-5 Shoot Six: Luau Shoot (repeated)

      Saturday, Aug. 9th -- Buildings
      10-11 Treasury Shoot (Ayoka)
      11-12 OPEN
      12-1 ??? Count Tarquin, Forester
      2-3 Treasury Shoot (Ayoka)
      3-4pm OPEN
      4-5 Castle Shoot?? - Count Tarquin, Forester

      Sunday, Aug. 10th - Heroes and Villains Day
      All Slots have been assigned on this day. However, I do have one slot
      in the afternoon from 4-5 if anyone wants it. I just won't repeat the
      morning shoot.

      Monday, Aug. 11th -- Mytholgy, legends, and folklore
      10-11 Pied Pier
      11-12 Robin Hood, "Poacher"
      12-1pm OPEN
      2-3pm Pied Piper
      3-4 Robin Hood
      4-5 OPEN

      Tuesday, Aug. 12th - RANGE IS CLOSED - ARCHERY CHAMPIONSHIPS

      Wednesday, Aug. 13th - Heroes and Villains Day
      10-11 ??? Aleezabet
      11-12 OPEN
      12-1 ??? Seamus Greenfletcher
      2-3 ??? Aleezabet
      3-4 OPEN
      4-5 ???? Seamus Greenfletcher

      Thursday, Aug. 14th -- Buildings Day
      10-11 Treasury Shoot (repeated)
      11-12 OPEN
      12-1 OPEN
      2-3 Treasury Shoot (repeated)
      3-4 OPEN
      4-5 OPEN

      Friday, Aug. 15th -- Woods Walk/Youth Archery Championships
      9-10 OPEN PRACTICE, SIGN-IN
      10-1 YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIPS/ WOODS WALK
      Two Divisions: 12 and under; 13-17 year olds.
      1-5pm OPEN PRACTICE, including string shoots and animals shoots.
      If any have anything they'd like to throw in here, please let
      me know.

      Anyone who is willing to donate prizes for the Youth, please let me
      know, and I'll also put your name/group/booth and prize donated into
      the sheets. I need to get these printed up at the end of the second
      week of July if you want your name listed. (We're too busy after
      that - my husband is working Pennsic Troll, and we leave Thursday.)
      I'd like to have a sheet printed up with all the novelty shoots being
      held on the Youth range, post it on the boards and Pennsic newspaper.

      Also, just think... We'll have a whole set of youngsters able to
      shoot 20 yards and under. The winners of the 12 and under will want
      to go on and win the 13-17 year olds, in turn they'd want to get onto
      the Champions team......

      See everyone around! Have fun!

      Yours,

      Roewynne Langley