Re: [SCA-Archery] Pennsic Archery

  • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 20, 2003
      At 03:02 PM 6/20/2003 -0400, Bruce R. Gordon wrote:
      >Greetings
      > Siegfried, you are such a kvetch...

      Just doing my job ... It's in my position description *grin*

      > No, it can be changed back to Monday, and...

      I'm assuming you meant no, it CAN'T ... and therefore am holding my
      'jumping for joy' back ...

      Siegfried
      Archer
      Brewer
      Fighter
      Official Kvetch'er of all SCA Rulesets

      THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal
    • Bruce R. Gordon
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 20, 2003
        Greetings
        Substantially correct - there is nothing in the rules to say that
        one person cannot use many different bows, just that one cannot pass
        around a bow to various different users.
        It may at one time have been presented as an authenticity issue,
        but nowadays its adherents are representing it as a safety issue.

        Nigel

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Ex Tenebra, Lux

      • Bruce R. Gordon
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 20, 2003
          Greetings
          <sigh> Down boy... Down!
          "Can't". I meant "can't". As in "No, it's gonna be Tuesday".
          Hey, stop looking at me like that... Someone, where's Sebastians
          leash.? Down, get d... Help!

          Nigel

          _
          > THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery
          Marshal
          > Barony of Highland Foorde http://highland-
          foorde.atlantia.sca.org/

          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 20, 2003
            Greetings
            Depends on the tourney. Either myself or my deputy for Novelty
            Shoots (Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe - agincort@...) could help with
            that sort of thing.

            Cordially;

            Nigel

            > M'lord - who could I speak to about offering items for tourney prizes?
            >
            > Ascellina Bethell

          • sharonshrdr
            Message 5 of 29 , Jun 20, 2003

              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 13, 2007
                I got this off another list.

                If your interested, get in touch.

                Gwilym

                Pennsic Archery
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-SocietyArcherMarshal/message/60;_ylc=X3oDMTJwdDdkYzNlBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE4NjY0OTYzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTc2NzUwMwRtc2dJZAM2MARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMTc2MjAxNjg3>

                Posted by: "Dan Inman" tarquinred@...
                <mailto:tarquinred@...?Subject=%20Re%3APennsic%20Archery>
                tarquinritter <http://profiles.yahoo.com/tarquinritter>

                Mon Apr 9, 2007 7:51 pm (PST)

                Greetings, All

                My lady is coordinating novelty shoots for Pennsic this year and she is
                looking for volunteers. Could each of you spread the word that we need
                novelties for the first week of Pennsic. This is the information she needs:

                SCA Name

                Kingdom

                Name of Shoot

                Description

                Which range needed? (clout, practice range, advancing man range, slot range)

                Age groups (adult only, adult and youth)

                Days / times preferred

                Please note that we can schedule some novelties during the second week, but
                with the following limitations:

                Between 9 am and 6 pm - only the Practice Range

                After 6 pm - Clout Range or Practice Range

                No novelties after Thursday

                Also, if anyone is interested in teaching a class, it is recommended that
                you register it through the A&S Class Officer (see Pennsic site) and state
                that you want it held on the archery range. Then copy Countess Aibhilin so
                she can add it to the range schedule. Our goal is to be able to publish a
                detailed schedule before War so people will know what's happening on the
                range before trudging up the hill.

                Aibhilin's email address is aibhilin@...
                <mailto:aibhilin%40sbcglobal.net>

                Please spread the word. We're hoping to get some good ones in.

                In Service,

                Tarquin

                archerymarshal@... <mailto:archerymarshal%40midrealm.org>

                archergen@... <mailto:archergen%40midrealm.org>

                www.midrealm.
                org/marshal/archery

              • Jennie Fernandez
                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 13, 2007
                  I wish I could, our generator broke and we need to
                  upgrade the solar. We don't adequate power right now.
                  I don't think I'll be able to attend this year. I 've
                  never been, I would really like to go someday.
                  Arianna

                  http://mail.yahoo.com