Re: periodness of two sights

  • Guy Taylor
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 5, 1999
      > From: "Gerald L. Collins" <idris@...>
      >
      > I am not sure about AMENSEYA@...'s situation, but I know that some
      > of the indoor ranges in the St. Louis, MO area won't allow crossbows
      > because of insurance problems. Also, there has been discussion in the
      > past that crossbows are a firearm because of their mechanical release (I
      > think this is supposed to be a state regulation.) At outdoor ranges
      > I've never worried about the possible problems that might pose and have
      > never had any problems with law enforcement officials.
      >
      > Idris ap Llawr

      Firearms?! I am in the firearms trade and I can assure you that if compound
      shooters using mechanical releases had to start going through the political
      crap that firearm owners and shooters have to go through, there would be
      some Very upset archers.
      Saying that crossbows are firearms sounds like typical political stupidity.

      Sorry for the rant, gun rights are a sore spot to me.

      Taillear
    • James W. Pratt Jr.
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 6, 1999
        Everyone please be careful...do not confuse problems, discussion, fact,
        attitude, and law. Try to use specifics as much as possible. I thought it
        was a law... may do as much harm as Society for Consenting Adults.

        James Cunningham

        P.S. A flame war over RRs is fine. Bad and/or false information on this is
        harmfull.