Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1322

  • Naima
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
      >Elephant bow
      Ummmmm WOW that would be intersting to see.

      And what's wrong with the phrase "the dream"? I think
      it works what do you prefer?

      Naima

      =====
      Sayyida Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya, CGP
      Shire of Bronzehelm
      House Dragon

      my philosophy="If you ask a question you don't want an answer to,
      expect an answer you don't want to hear"

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • Bob Upson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
        On 3 Jun 2003 at 22:10, Naima wrote:

        > And what's wrong with the phrase "the dream"? I think
        > it works what do you prefer?

        FWIW, the phrase originated as a marketing slogan for a local event
        (in Ansteora?). It has *become* a sort of schmaltzy catch phrase
        frequently used to paint the SCA as a haven for leftover '60s hippies
        and escapists rtaher than an educational organization.

        Or, as someone else put it, the problem with "The Dream" isn't the
        "Dream," it's "_The_".

        YIS,
        Macsen