Re: Bow save

  • roguenad2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, Carolus Eulenhorst
      <eulenhorst@j...> wrote:
      > "Terrorist potential"? I take it this was CHP? I think I see a
      > potential real reason for a paid membership card.

      Funny you should mention getting stoped by the CHP. I was headed
      down to the Corona Ren Faire a couple weeks ago, and my van got a
      flat. My van was loaded down for the weekend, Swords, Bows &
      Arrows, Cannons, black powder pistols and rifles.... you now, just
      the Esentials for a weekend.

      Well, the CHP pulls up behind me while I have the back of the van
      open. Walks up and starts with "Got a flat?" while I am sitting
      there pulling the tire off. He then looks up in the back of the Van
      as his partner shines her flashlight on the Cannons, and red ammo
      cans. Then asks "Sir, do you have any Weapons in the vehicle?"

      Me: "Sure Do officer, a few rapiers, a Cutlas, couple long bows,
      some flint lock pistols, three cannons...."

      CHP Officer: "Okay, I get the Idea... You do... Why?"

      Well, after explaining what a Guild is, and that we do black powder
      cannon demos at the Ren Faire they sent us on our way.

      Nad
    • James Brummet
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
        I wish I could have seen the looks on their faces.

        >>> nad@... 06/03/03 09:24AM >>>