The Vogelshutzen - Popinjay.

  • Rob A
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
      interesting competition....
      over here in the West (Caer Darth / Darkwood) we are currently building the
      English Popinjay shoot (which was actually more popular in Scotland)... 40
      ft pole with 3 rings suspended from the top. Top ring has the "cock" sitting
      on it, and scores 5 points. the second ring down has 3 "hens", each scoring
      6 points and the third ring down has 6 "chicks" which score 1 point each.
      Each archer has 6 arrows to shoot (we recommend fiberglass 1/4 inch combat
      tipped arrows) and must shoot upwards from a distance no greater than 6 foot
      from the pole.

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
        DOH... the hens score 3 not 6

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
          >Thank you, James....I was also contact today by Bane, Archery Marshall in
          >Adiantum so I think I'm on the proper path.

          Lynn

          >I would contact your local Baroness; Baroness Charlotte Nicholls -
          >bakanoff-ellis@... or the local Sensschal: Don Luciano
          >Foscari - lucianofoscari@...
          >
          >The website for your Barony of Adiantum is - http://www.adiantum.peak.org/
          >
          >Here is the archery info from the site:
          >Archery
          >1st, 2nd and 4th, Thursday of month, and Sunday.
          >At Cascadian Bowman range in Noti. Bane will be carpooling from his house,
          >leaving at 6:15 pm and returning around 9:00 pm. Please contact him if you
          >have any questions or need directions. Royal Round & York scores recorded
          >when possible. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Limited loaner
          >equipment available, call to reserve.
          >Saer Bane (mka Matt Sugarbaker)
          >2210 Jefferson Street
          >Eugene, Oregon 97405
          >(541) 687-1736
          >saerbane@...
          >Hope this helps!
        • Charles de Beaumont
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 7, 2003
            I am glad to hear that Saer Bane contacted you, as he is the Royal Archer
            for the Principality of the Summits (which contains Adiantum).

            HL Loegaire MacLochlainn (called 'Loric') is the An Tir Royal Archer and can
            answer questions regarding the status of Eq Archery within An Tir. He can be

            Charles de Beaumont
            Arcarius to Loegaire MacLochlainn, OGGS

            PS My lady wife has no problems shooting with dress, mantle, and veil of
            12th Century Scottish style. Some ladies shoot in Mid-Eastern (including
            veils). But, any attempt at pre-17th century garb is acceptable.