Re: [SCA-Archery] The Vogelshutzen

  • Chad Wilson
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
      --- Siegfried Sebastian Faust <crossbow@...> wrote:
      > So this is the 2003-2004 season then?
      >
      > So are the scores on the website for the 2002-2003 season correct? And
      > that if so, that both winners in each category won by default? Being the
      > only ones to submit a full three scores? (Or am I reading the page wrong)
      >
      > Siegfried
      > (Who now wishes he would have submitted one more score)

      The 2002-2003 season ended on May 31st according to the rules page. Those
      scores currently posted are for last season.

      As for submitting scores, just shoot one each time you shoot an IKAC. You only
      need to shoot one extra untimed round at 40 to accomplish it. And since they
      relaxed the rules about where it could be shot, it is easier to slip on in at
      practices or at home when you have nothing else to do (and have the space to
      shoot 40 yards, of course).

      -Caedmon

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • Rob A
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
        interesting competition....
        over here in the West (Caer Darth / Darkwood) we are currently building the
        English Popinjay shoot (which was actually more popular in Scotland)... 40
        ft pole with 3 rings suspended from the top. Top ring has the "cock" sitting
        on it, and scores 5 points. the second ring down has 3 "hens", each scoring
        6 points and the third ring down has 6 "chicks" which score 1 point each.
        Each archer has 6 arrows to shoot (we recommend fiberglass 1/4 inch combat
        tipped arrows) and must shoot upwards from a distance no greater than 6 foot
        from the pole.

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
          DOH... the hens score 3 not 6

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
            >Thank you, James....I was also contact today by Bane, Archery Marshall in
            >Adiantum so I think I'm on the proper path.

            Lynn

            >I would contact your local Baroness; Baroness Charlotte Nicholls -
            >bakanoff-ellis@... or the local Sensschal: Don Luciano
            >Foscari - lucianofoscari@...
            >
            >The website for your Barony of Adiantum is - http://www.adiantum.peak.org/
            >
            >Here is the archery info from the site:
            >Archery
            >1st, 2nd and 4th, Thursday of month, and Sunday.
            >At Cascadian Bowman range in Noti. Bane will be carpooling from his house,
            >leaving at 6:15 pm and returning around 9:00 pm. Please contact him if you
            >have any questions or need directions. Royal Round & York scores recorded
            >when possible. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Limited loaner
            >equipment available, call to reserve.
            >Saer Bane (mka Matt Sugarbaker)
            >2210 Jefferson Street
            >Eugene, Oregon 97405
            >(541) 687-1736
            >saerbane@...
            >Hope this helps!
          • Charles de Beaumont
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 7, 2003
              I am glad to hear that Saer Bane contacted you, as he is the Royal Archer
              for the Principality of the Summits (which contains Adiantum).

              HL Loegaire MacLochlainn (called 'Loric') is the An Tir Royal Archer and can
              answer questions regarding the status of Eq Archery within An Tir. He can be

              Charles de Beaumont
              Arcarius to Loegaire MacLochlainn, OGGS

              PS My lady wife has no problems shooting with dress, mantle, and veil of
              12th Century Scottish style. Some ladies shoot in Mid-Eastern (including
              veils). But, any attempt at pre-17th century garb is acceptable.