Re: [SCA-Archery] The Vogelshutzen

  • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
      So this is the 2003-2004 season then?

      So are the scores on the website for the 2002-2003 season correct? And
      that if so, that both winners in each category won by default? Being the
      only ones to submit a full three scores? (Or am I reading the page wrong)

      Siegfried
      (Who now wishes he would have submitted one more score)

      At 06:08 AM 6/2/2003 -0700, Chad Wilson wrote:
      >A new year has begung for the crossbow competition known as the Vogelshutzen,
      >also known as the Popinjay shoot.
      >
      >http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/Vrules.html
      >
      >If you are a crossbowman, check out the rules and shoot a score.
      >
      >-Caedmon
      >Go Midrealm!

      THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal
    • Chad Wilson
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
        --- Siegfried Sebastian Faust <crossbow@...> wrote:
        > So this is the 2003-2004 season then?
        >
        > So are the scores on the website for the 2002-2003 season correct? And
        > that if so, that both winners in each category won by default? Being the
        > only ones to submit a full three scores? (Or am I reading the page wrong)
        >
        > Siegfried
        > (Who now wishes he would have submitted one more score)

        The 2002-2003 season ended on May 31st according to the rules page. Those
        scores currently posted are for last season.

        As for submitting scores, just shoot one each time you shoot an IKAC. You only
        need to shoot one extra untimed round at 40 to accomplish it. And since they
        relaxed the rules about where it could be shot, it is easier to slip on in at
        practices or at home when you have nothing else to do (and have the space to
        shoot 40 yards, of course).

        -Caedmon

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • Rob A
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
          interesting competition....
          over here in the West (Caer Darth / Darkwood) we are currently building the
          English Popinjay shoot (which was actually more popular in Scotland)... 40
          ft pole with 3 rings suspended from the top. Top ring has the "cock" sitting
          on it, and scores 5 points. the second ring down has 3 "hens", each scoring
          6 points and the third ring down has 6 "chicks" which score 1 point each.
          Each archer has 6 arrows to shoot (we recommend fiberglass 1/4 inch combat
          tipped arrows) and must shoot upwards from a distance no greater than 6 foot
          from the pole.

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
            DOH... the hens score 3 not 6

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
              >Thank you, James....I was also contact today by Bane, Archery Marshall in
              >Adiantum so I think I'm on the proper path.

              Lynn

              >I would contact your local Baroness; Baroness Charlotte Nicholls -
              >bakanoff-ellis@... or the local Sensschal: Don Luciano
              >Foscari - lucianofoscari@...
              >
              >The website for your Barony of Adiantum is - http://www.adiantum.peak.org/
              >
              >Here is the archery info from the site:
              >Archery
              >1st, 2nd and 4th, Thursday of month, and Sunday.
              >At Cascadian Bowman range in Noti. Bane will be carpooling from his house,
              >leaving at 6:15 pm and returning around 9:00 pm. Please contact him if you
              >have any questions or need directions. Royal Round & York scores recorded
              >when possible. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Limited loaner
              >equipment available, call to reserve.
              >Saer Bane (mka Matt Sugarbaker)
              >2210 Jefferson Street
              >Eugene, Oregon 97405
              >(541) 687-1736
              >saerbane@...
              >Hope this helps!
            • Charles de Beaumont
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 7, 2003
                I am glad to hear that Saer Bane contacted you, as he is the Royal Archer
                for the Principality of the Summits (which contains Adiantum).

                HL Loegaire MacLochlainn (called 'Loric') is the An Tir Royal Archer and can
                answer questions regarding the status of Eq Archery within An Tir. He can be

                Charles de Beaumont
                Arcarius to Loegaire MacLochlainn, OGGS

                PS My lady wife has no problems shooting with dress, mantle, and veil of
                12th Century Scottish style. Some ladies shoot in Mid-Eastern (including
                veils). But, any attempt at pre-17th century garb is acceptable.