Re: [SCA-Archery] Appropriate participation question

  • James Brummet
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
      I would contact your local Baroness; Baroness Charlotte Nicholls - bakanoff-ellis@... or the local Sensschal: Don Luciano Foscari - lucianofoscari@...

      The website for your Barony of Adiantum is - http://www.adiantum.peak.org/

      Here is the archery info from the site:
      Archery
      1st, 2nd and 4th, Thursday of month, and Sunday.
      At Cascadian Bowman range in Noti. Bane will be carpooling from his house, leaving at 6:15 pm and returning around 9:00 pm. Please contact him if you have any questions or need directions. Royal Round & York scores recorded when possible. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Limited loaner equipment available, call to reserve.
      Saer Bane (mka Matt Sugarbaker)
      2210 Jefferson Street
      Eugene, Oregon 97405
      (541) 687-1736
      saerbane@...
      Hope this helps!

      >>> chance@... 06/01/03 08:28AM >>>
      >Hi Simon,

      I'm right outside Eugene, Oregon. Have contacted "Their Highnesses of
      Summits, Durin and Ceridwen" (Chris and Melissa Howerton ) via email as
      they are close to me, in Springfield. Am awaiting a reply

      Thank you, too, everyone for the help....I have subscribed to the
      horseman/archery list and found that An Tir does have an archery list as
      well so I should get "on track" soon.

      thank you again,
      Lynn

      >At 07:24 AM 5/31/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      > >I am a budding archer (recurve, not long bow, no sights) and
      > >equestrian but am female. Will it be a problem to participate in
      > >these two SCA events as a woman?
      > >thank you,
      > >Lynn
      >
      >Where in An Tir?
      >
      >Simon Sinneghe
      >Briaroak, Summits, An Tir

    • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
        So this is the 2003-2004 season then?

        So are the scores on the website for the 2002-2003 season correct? And
        that if so, that both winners in each category won by default? Being the
        only ones to submit a full three scores? (Or am I reading the page wrong)

        Siegfried
        (Who now wishes he would have submitted one more score)

        At 06:08 AM 6/2/2003 -0700, Chad Wilson wrote:
        >A new year has begung for the crossbow competition known as the Vogelshutzen,
        >also known as the Popinjay shoot.
        >
        >http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/Vrules.html
        >
        >If you are a crossbowman, check out the rules and shoot a score.
        >
        >-Caedmon
        >Go Midrealm!

        THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust Baronial Web Minister & Archery Marshal
      • Chad Wilson
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
          --- Siegfried Sebastian Faust <crossbow@...> wrote:
          > So this is the 2003-2004 season then?
          >
          > So are the scores on the website for the 2002-2003 season correct? And
          > that if so, that both winners in each category won by default? Being the
          > only ones to submit a full three scores? (Or am I reading the page wrong)
          >
          > Siegfried
          > (Who now wishes he would have submitted one more score)

          The 2002-2003 season ended on May 31st according to the rules page. Those
          scores currently posted are for last season.

          As for submitting scores, just shoot one each time you shoot an IKAC. You only
          need to shoot one extra untimed round at 40 to accomplish it. And since they
          relaxed the rules about where it could be shot, it is easier to slip on in at
          practices or at home when you have nothing else to do (and have the space to
          shoot 40 yards, of course).

          -Caedmon

          http://calendar.yahoo.com
        • Rob A
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
            interesting competition....
            over here in the West (Caer Darth / Darkwood) we are currently building the
            English Popinjay shoot (which was actually more popular in Scotland)... 40
            ft pole with 3 rings suspended from the top. Top ring has the "cock" sitting
            on it, and scores 5 points. the second ring down has 3 "hens", each scoring
            6 points and the third ring down has 6 "chicks" which score 1 point each.
            Each archer has 6 arrows to shoot (we recommend fiberglass 1/4 inch combat
            tipped arrows) and must shoot upwards from a distance no greater than 6 foot
            from the pole.

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
              DOH... the hens score 3 not 6

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 2, 2003
                >Thank you, James....I was also contact today by Bane, Archery Marshall in
                >Adiantum so I think I'm on the proper path.

                Lynn

                >I would contact your local Baroness; Baroness Charlotte Nicholls -
                >bakanoff-ellis@... or the local Sensschal: Don Luciano
                >Foscari - lucianofoscari@...
                >
                >The website for your Barony of Adiantum is - http://www.adiantum.peak.org/
                >
                >Here is the archery info from the site:
                >Archery
                >1st, 2nd and 4th, Thursday of month, and Sunday.
                >At Cascadian Bowman range in Noti. Bane will be carpooling from his house,
                >leaving at 6:15 pm and returning around 9:00 pm. Please contact him if you
                >have any questions or need directions. Royal Round & York scores recorded
                >when possible. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Limited loaner
                >equipment available, call to reserve.
                >Saer Bane (mka Matt Sugarbaker)
                >2210 Jefferson Street
                >Eugene, Oregon 97405
                >(541) 687-1736
                >saerbane@...
                >Hope this helps!
              • Charles de Beaumont
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 7, 2003
                  I am glad to hear that Saer Bane contacted you, as he is the Royal Archer
                  for the Principality of the Summits (which contains Adiantum).

                  HL Loegaire MacLochlainn (called 'Loric') is the An Tir Royal Archer and can
                  answer questions regarding the status of Eq Archery within An Tir. He can be

                  Charles de Beaumont
                  Arcarius to Loegaire MacLochlainn, OGGS

                  PS My lady wife has no problems shooting with dress, mantle, and veil of
                  12th Century Scottish style. Some ladies shoot in Mid-Eastern (including
                  veils). But, any attempt at pre-17th century garb is acceptable.