Elephant bow

  • Kinjal of Moravia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      This is from a fictional story but may have some validity - I don't
      have many African sources to support.

      "The elephant bow is so stiff that no man can draw it from the
      shoulder. The hunter creeps close -- that close. Then he lies on
      his back, both feet on the stock of the bow. He lays the tip of his
      arrow between his big toes and draws with both hands... It can shoot
      an arrow clean though the body of an ox, from shoulder to shoulder,
      and go on to kill a man standing on the other side."

      Kinjal