Re: Periodness of Footed Arrows

  • M&L Romanowski
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 22, 1999
      Ok folks here's the scoop.

      The magazines are:
      Traditional Bowhunter
      Primitive Archer
      and if you like them both you forget which one you are talking about an mix
      the names and say 'Traditional Archer' on a public web forum like this list
      and ...embarrass yourself.

      The Iceman's Archery Equipment Parts one and two are found in Traditional
      Bowhunter Feb/Mar 1999 and Apr/May 1999 respectively. Scientific mastery
      level of analysis done on his equipment and darn fascinating reading. The
      'footed' arrows that he made were more 'socketed' as he used a little stone
      drill to socket the shaft and create the hole for the hardwood to go into.
      Part two deals with the Arrows, part one with his bow and its construction.

      Traditional Bowhunter has the article on Four wing footed shafts (like
      Master Grant's if you've ever seen them) in the Dec/Jan 2000 issue that I
      just received. Tools are common garage or wood working tools. Most expensive
      is the drill press and bandsaw. Read this before you go purchasing
      expensive jigs for this effort.

      Traditional bowhunter also has some great arrow articles in Oct/Nov 1998 on
      whistling arrows, bouncing arrows and wood arrow penetration.

      Primitive Archer has an article on footed shafts in Volume 7, Issue 1. It
      discusses a simple single split footed shaft construction method.

      In general both of these magazines are about the most interesting,
      educational and entertaining magazines I have ever subscribed too. I have
      had subscriptions to both for a least two or three years and read them from
      cover to cover right away as I am always learning what we don't know about
      the world of archery. They are 'how to' magazines that cover all aspects of
      bow and arrow construction, use, and history.

      I would highly recommend these magazines to any archer interested in history
      and tackle construction methods used around the world, throughout time.
      They are an invaluable resource.

      Subscription info:
      Traditional Bowhunter
      P.O. Box 15583, Boise Idaho 83715
      phone/fax 208-362-0325
      bowsubs@...

      Primitive Archer
      P.O. Box 79306
      Houston, TX 77279-9306
      713-557-8209
      rates: 1yr = $16, 2yr = $31, 3yr=$44; Canadian = $24, Foreign = $31 US funds
      only.

      Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to my magazines as they both came
      this week and I haven't been able to finish reading them yet. :)

      Regards,
      Marcus Caruana

      <<<Shoot straight and look good while your doing it, or at least look like
      you know what your doing. >>>