Re: Modern string material question

  • Carl West at home
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 1999
      Carl West at home wrote:

      > My father just handed me a spool of:
      >
      > POWERLINE B-90 BOW STRING
      > Low Stretch Polyester
      > Item #59999
      > Mfg. by Powerline, Inc.
      > Searsmont, Maine

      >...There is no breaking strength
      > mentioned explicitly on the label, might it be 90# as the 'B-90' suggests?

      The question I'm really looking for an answer to is:
      What's the breaking strength of this stuff?

      The reason I want to know:
      I want to make the lightest _safe_ string of this stuff that I can. I'll
      happily add in strands in the nocking area to bring it up to nock
      thickness and improve shooting comfort, but for the rest of the string
      I'd like to keep it's strength down to 4 times the bow-weight.

      - Fritz

      --
      Carl West
      mailto:eisen@...

      Experience Real-Time Full-Motion Hi-res 3D with Surround Sound! Step Outside.