de Honnecourt thanks

  • L.J. Sparvero
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2003
      Thanks for the suggestions -- I hadn't considered that it might have been
      used to shoot a line to hard to get places (such as in a gothic cathedral
      that's being built). No idea on a translation of the captions for the
      pictures, or what that cup-like thing is. My first thought was as a reel
      for holding the line, but I'm less sure now.

      BTW, The illustrations in the rest of the book are recognizable as various
      cathedrals in France. There is debate if de Honnecourt designed them, or
      just copied the designs.

      -Lyev