Re: [SCA-Archery] Digest Number 1285

  • Frederick Fenters
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2003
      Believe it or not, a very usable first bow for someone under age 10 is in a kit
      sold by most of the retailers for about $20. The manufacturers vary, but
      normally the kit has an ambidextrous red or yellow recurve fiberglass "stick", a
      small quiver, a couple of aluminum arrows, a finger tab and a target. The
      string on the bow should be replaced with a better one, as it is usually
      essentially a piece of clothesline. I would not fail one of these on a range
      for the string, but would recommend replacement.

      I know that Wal-Mart here in Michigan had them out on the shelf a week or two
      ago.

      Forester Padraig MacRaighne
      Pentamere Lt. General of Archers