Archery at Dreamstone was great

  • James
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20 10:44 AM
      We got there late, but Gene and I had three targets and a live weapons
      target set up by 1 pm. Gene went out and played herald and it seems she did
      a good job. We had five archers with their own equipment. We had over
      twenty people come and try it out with the loaner equipment. Starting with
      a couple of six year old up to fifty something. We even had a whole troupe
      of fencers with the live weapons. Every one who shot hit paper before the
      end of the day with varying degrees of over all success. I now need a new
      live weapons target, it is now time to retire "axeman #3". Lost a few axe
      handle but that is expected.
      Overall it was a great day and fun was had and friends were made. Thanks to
      the Dreamstone crew for letting us set up. I hope you all can make it to
      Fools War

      Jerrith the Archer
    • Talmon Parker
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20 4:19 PM
        VIVAT!! on a wonderful day....
        But where is dreamstone?
        Parker

        DER BARON

        >From: James <ggarrett@...>
        >To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SCA-Archery] Archery at Dreamstone was great
        >Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 13:44:01 -0400
        >
        >We got there late, but Gene and I had three targets and a live weapons
        >target set up by 1 pm. Gene went out and played herald and it seems she did
        >a good job. We had five archers with their own equipment. We had over
        >twenty people come and try it out with the loaner equipment. Starting with
        >a couple of six year old up to fifty something. We even had a whole troupe
        >of fencers with the live weapons. Every one who shot hit paper before the
        >end of the day with varying degrees of over all success. I now need a new
        >live weapons target, it is now time to retire "axeman #3". Lost a few axe
        >handle but that is expected.
        >Overall it was a great day and fun was had and friends were made. Thanks to
        >the Dreamstone crew for letting us set up. I hope you all can make it to
        >Fools War
        >
        >Jerrith the Archer

      • Anderewe
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 20 8:27 PM
          What do you mean by a live weapons target, what is it made out of?

          > We got there late, but Gene and I had three targets and a live weapons
          > target set up by 1 pm. Gene went out and played herald and it seems she
          did
          > a good job. We had five archers with their own equipment. We had over
          > twenty people come and try it out with the loaner equipment. Starting with
          > a couple of six year old up to fifty something. We even had a whole troupe
          > of fencers with the live weapons. Every one who shot hit paper before the
          > end of the day with varying degrees of over all success. I now need a new
          > live weapons target, it is now time to retire "axeman #3". Lost a few axe
          > handle but that is expected.
          > Overall it was a great day and fun was had and friends were made. Thanks
          > the Dreamstone crew for letting us set up. I hope you all can make it to
          > Fools War
          >
          > Jerrith the Archer

        • James Brummet
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 21 10:12 AM
            Frenchmen maybe?

            >>> andrew@... 04/20/03 09:27PM >>>

            What do you mean by a live weapons target, what is it made out of?

            > We got there late, but Gene and I had three targets and a live weapons
            > target set up by 1 pm. Gene went out and played herald and it seems she
            did
            > a good job. We had five archers with their own equipment. We had over
            > twenty people come and try it out with the loaner equipment. Starting with
            > a couple of six year old up to fifty something. We even had a whole troupe
            > of fencers with the live weapons. Every one who shot hit paper before the
            > end of the day with varying degrees of over all success. I now need a new
            > live weapons target, it is now time to retire "axeman #3". Lost a few axe
            > handle but that is expected.
            > Overall it was a great day and fun was had and friends were made. Thanks
            > the Dreamstone crew for letting us set up. I hope you all can make it to
            > Fools War
            >
            > Jerrith the Archer

          • Anderewe
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 21 8:28 PM